Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Serious Help Needed Body Fat%

Gaurang
Gaurang
India
2001/04/10, 02:50 AM
Hi There Once More!!!
Well i want to lower my body fat percentage at least by 12% my body fat percentage now is 27% according to those electronic scales I don’t know whether it is accurate or not.
Before I just used to do cardio as I have mentioned in my previous letter if u don’t remember, it is posted in Diet & Nutrition as “Combining Cardio with Weights???”

Now since 3 weeks I have started doing weights but have not lost any weight my program is:
1.I do light stretching for 5-10 minutes at the beginning and then abdominal exercises.
2.Then I do 10 minutes of jogging on the treadmill at the speed of 9km/hour.
3.Then I do weights as per my day that is: Day1 Chest/Shoulders, Day2 Biceps/Triceps, and Day3 Back/Legs.
4.Then after the Weights I jog for 30 minutes at the speed of 9km/hour on the treadmill (I’ve Heard that major part of the cardio should be done after doing weights and light cardio should be done before weights to warm up your core body temperature)
I workout at least 4-5 day a week.

Now I don’t know what to do in order to lower my body fat percentage may be my diet is wrong or something or my training program is wrong.

Please Guys Help me Out I am Open to Suggestions.

P.S: I am a Pure Vegetarian
green9r
green9r
United States
2001/04/10, 04:36 PM
Get your heart rate up. Your find max heartrate: 220 - (your age) = max hr. Try to get your hr between 75% & 85% of that max for your cardio. Some of my troops end up on the "chunky monkey" program & this is what they do to drop BF.
green9r
green9r
United States
2001/04/10, 04:39 PM
Oh yea, ease in to the extended time at that hr. Start of at 15 minutes then gradually build up to 30 & 45.
Gaurang
Gaurang
India
2001/04/23, 11:38 PM
What is this Chunky Monkey Program...

Gaurang
siggie
siggie
Belgium
2001/06/05, 02:29 PM
Hi,

I recognize your problem. Me too had too much bodyfat. I've been training for two years now and my bodyfat% has dropped from 22% to 10%.
It could be that you increase the intensity of your cardio but you should watch out that you don't overtrain yourself. Give your muscles the time and the nutrition they need to recuperate and to grow stronger and bigger. Maybe if you would add more proteïnes in your diet so your muscles would grow more, you would lose more fat. Because the more muscles you have, the more calories you burn.
Your diett is very!!! important, maybe you should decrease your fat-intake but I find this hard to believe because you are a vegetarian or are you eating snacks and chips? If you do, cut on those. Stop eating anything that has to much sugars, or fats. For example, if you drink cola, stop it and drink water instead. Those are small things but they make a big change. If I were you, I would stop eating sweets and all that kind of things and I would increase the intensity of your cardio but you have to know that losing and building muscle can't go at the same time. You will have to choose one or the other but that's up too you.
greetz
Siggie