Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

sav's troubles (Need Advice)

archetype52986
archetype52986
United States
2003/08/05, 12:57 PM
Hi everybody, I am 18 years old, and I have been on Freetrainers since summer began, and I would really appreciate some advice. I am on the 12 week mass program and the abs program. When I first started working out a year ago, I had skinny arms, a round paunch for a stomach, and some unsightly fat on my chest.Most of this has disappeared. The Freetrainers program helped and I now have nice ig shoulders, neck, back, and upper chest, and my arms are much bigger. However, there is still some fat on the lower and side sections of my chest and I just don't seem to be able to get rid of it(Same goes for this ring of fat around my waist). I eat healthy and do cardio and lift, so why doesn't it go away? Here is my cardio routine:
I do the mass program when it is required and I eat less than 30 grams of fat a day.
Monday: Run for 20-30 minutes
Tuesday: Run for 20-30 minutes
Wednesday: Play Basketball
Thursday: Run for 20-30 minutes
Friday: Play ball
Saturday; Run maybe every other week for 20-30 minutes
Sunday: Sit on my butt

What am I doing wrong, and why do I have these nasty spots on me? Also, when you guys lift, how long does it take you to get visible results? I know this post is long, but I would really appreciate some advice
archetype52986
archetype52986
United States
2003/08/07, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. My diet has recently turned very low fat (For past 3 weeks anyway). I eat fruits for breakfast, about 10 grams of fat for lunch with food I prepare by myself. My dinner I think it is healthy (I haven't eaten fast food for a looonnng time). Since I'm at home for the summer before I go back to college, my mom cooks a lot. She says her food is healthy, and I try to make it healthy (e.g. no butter on the bread), but I am not so sure about her cooking (I'm Indian, by the way, and so is my mom). I have one day a week where I am sort of forced to eat something unhealthy, because I'm with someone or some various reason. I have tried to improve my diet, but maybe it hasn't been long enough.
archetype52986
archetype52986
United States
2003/08/07, 12:39 PM
Oh yeah, what is HIIT
timbaland
timbaland
United States
2003/08/08, 02:19 AM
HIIT = high intensity interval training. Ravenwolf posted an article explaining it in the general fitness board I believe.