Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Ribose-Source and Quality Questions

dd41959
dd41959
United States
2007/04/15, 11:04 PM
I can no longer get a supply of Ribose that I used. It was not manufactured by a large Nutrition company and was different and better than anything that I could get from a "Branded Labeled Bottle".
The Difference was that the color was an off white beige color and it was a VERY fine powder. If you dissolved it in water it would come out a very brown colored liquid.
Everything else I have ever seen has been a white crystalline powder that when dissolved in water would give a very very faint brown tint to the liquid.

I would like to find this again. It is far superior to anything else. I have a few ideas on this product but can't confirm this.
My thoughts are that it is either derived from a different source than the commercial stuff or that it does not go through a final "appearance processing".

Anyone know the derivative synthesizing sources for D-Ribose and the quality that each source provides?

Other than source the other Idea I have is that the only difference is that this product I seek has not been refined to the point that it is the most appealing color and consistency for a consumer and this does not sacrifice the potency and benefits of a "pure unrefined Ribose" I cite as an example Table Sugar Has the Turbinado Sugar in the raw form that is a pale brown. While what everyone is used to is a white sugar that could of been Turbinado that has been bleached by chemicals such as Phosphoric Acid and then processed to a consistent granulation.

Anyone have any insight into the Synthesis of D-Ribose that can help me figure out what I am looking for?

Thank You
David