Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Protein Shakes

salma
salma
Canada
2002/06/29, 10:04 AM
I just recently joined ft and have found it to be a very comprehensive and informative site. I'm about 125 lbs, female and late twenties. I just wanted to lose a little wait to firm up around my abs and hip/thigh area. Nothing drastic, enough to be healthy. I try to exercise regularly and eat pretty healthy; exercising in the morning followed by a protein shake or egg-white omelette. Lunch is usually green salad with veggies and a can of light flaked tuna, have smaller healthier meals throughout the day and then dinner. If I have carbs I usually have them in the afternoon.
I used to have my protein shake with just regular orange juice or milk with a scoop of my protein (whey, isopure, low carb). Now, to make it taste better I do 1/2 cup juice, 1/2 cup milk, protein powder and a piece of fruit, usually banana. Is it fattening to have a banana everday in a protein shake? Should I be adding this stuff to begin with or just have it the traditional plain way like your supposed to.

Wish me luck.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/06/29, 11:18 AM
Good luck to you. It sounds like you're on a really low carb diet. I like bananas in my shakes, especially after a work out. The only thing I'd suggest is to move some of your carbs up to earlier in the day to keep your energy level up. You also might want to take a look at some of the EFA's like Flax Seed Oil since it doesn't look like you have much fat in your diet. Then again, if what you're doing is working I wouldn't change anything. :) I just like a little more balance in what I eat to keep from losing muscle instead of fat.
dzimy
dzimy
Canada
2002/07/19, 01:15 PM
To ice_man:
I'm wondering how could you reach enough or protein intake in a normal day??

To Salma:
try other fruits than banana such as wildberries to avoid routine! You can also put some plain yogurt or cottage in your shakes....hummm very good and healthy!

--------------
I need to Grow!
dzimy
dzimy
Canada
2002/07/19, 01:16 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.