Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

powerlifting muscle mass

dean_cliffy
dean_cliffy
United Kingdom
2004/04/12, 04:16 PM
I was reading the Arnold encyclopedia of bodybuilding and he says how power routines (hig weights low reps) build thick hard muscles.
Do all power lifters have muscular bodies?
How do thier physiques compare to a bodybuilders?
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/12, 07:43 PM
The power lifter does have a very muscular body. Our training is not designed to sculpt the look of the muscle(ript look) Our training is based on increasing our absolute strength. So our bodys take on a more raw muscular look then a chiseled appearence. But thats not to say that there are not body builders that are power lifters also.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/04/12, 09:08 PM
body builders are for loks, powerlifters are for lifts big laods of weights......like mmaibohm said there are lots of strong body builders, but there also are alot of 250 chesided ripped body builders that can barly bench press 350. But they can bench press 225 for like 15 reps.......body builders train for reps usually , powerlifters do a lil reps as possible to save engery and to lift heavier amounts.......however their are exceptions, many of which are onthis sight, jdelts to name one is a body builder and lifts some impressive weights

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn