Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Powdered Milk ??????

upatrail
upatrail
United States
2007/08/17, 02:43 AM
Milk has hit $5.00 a gallon where I live!!!! I drink a lot but say about half of it goes into a couple of my supplements. I was thinking once I mix a protein powder or MRS in a glass with some milk, add a little fruit, yogurt, some ice,.... does the taste associated with powered milk really come into play??? Does anyone use powered milk?? Can you suggest a brand? Thanks
thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/08/17, 09:50 AM
Where do you live?????????

It's only about $3.00 here in Michigan and that's not on sale or at Sam's Club.

Upatrail, sounds like your up a creek!
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/08/17, 12:10 PM
4$ a gallon here... eh it's worth it to me...

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
upatrail
upatrail
United States
2007/08/17, 02:01 PM
I live alone in the mountains in New Mexico, USA and drink 3/4 gallon a day on average. When I go to the store in Taos (hour away through mountain canyon roads, sometimes impassable in the winter) I buy 6-8 gallons. I get ALL my supplements online and if I could find a good brand of powdered milk I would buy it online too... I am just looking for something to scoop into my mixer with my protein, or MRS that will make it taste like it does now, so I can save my "liquid gold" (2% milk) for my tea, cereal, or just a plain glass.
My suppliments mixed with milk are

Protein - All The Whey Optimum Protein Blend, twice a day

MRS- Nature's Plus Spiru-tein, once a day

Does anyone use powered milk for these?? Whats a good brand?