Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

NOW HAVE A BOW FLEX

mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/05/19, 09:13 PM
I now have a Bow Flew system. My question is. On my training program, I'm set up for free weights only. Should I change it to machine or not being a bow flex has many features as free weights? Also, I know free weights have their power as far as core strength, but will a Bow Flew still work as good as free weights as far as building MASS. I will still use free weights for bench press and dead lifts. But wondering if I should even use this machine?

--------------
If you can't hang with the big dogs, go your little ass home.
mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/05/20, 07:20 PM
I really need help on this one guys. Where are you?
Luvthemtorts
Luvthemtorts
United States
2005/05/21, 03:25 AM
Been using my Extreme 2 for about a week. The exercises are smoother and much less painful on the joints. My muscles are "pumped" like never before and I swear my arms seem to be growing before my eyes (I'm sure its in my mind but I'm cool with that)! Much easier to use proper form than freeweights and the ability to jump from one exercise to the next is both fast and effortless.
Although I really dig the machine I don't see it being the ideal tool for building major mass. On the flip side I personally feel that it will achieve my personal goals of moderate muscle gains and a toned body.
Of the many different Bowflex models I would definately make sure I got one that has the adjustable pulleys. By adjusting them to the furthest point out you can increase the resistance of the rods from the very beginning of the execise. Without the adjustable pulleys the first 1/4 of each exercise is virtually wasted movement that involves nothing more than taking the slack out of the cables.
In my brief experiences it seems to be indestructably built, offers tons o' exercises and certainly has the capability of being able to deliver a nice athletic build. If big time mass is what your after I would stick with the free weights.
Hope this helps.
kqstdcj963
kqstdcj963
United States
2005/05/21, 10:53 AM
I have a bowflex extreem 2 and I LOVE it !! Once you get used to it, but free weights have there place as well! It is all good!!

-Dave

--------------
\" Out of suffering is born strength; Only through pain and deprivation does a human heart become as strong as steel.\"