Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Not to sure what to think..

dendys
dendys
United States
2005/11/07, 03:37 PM
Girlfriend it sounds like an eating order waiting to happen. I too am a dancer and at your age is when my eating disorder kicked in. To this day I am aware it can over take me. I have been in recover for 9 years, but today I am eduated and have an understanding of food. Food will not make us fat if we are active, which you are, but eventually without good nutrition, injury will happen and no more exercise....then what? So I ask you to ask yourself truthfully, what is really going on? I would love to guide you with my experience and not watch you slowly hurt yourself.
Dendy
Stevept
Stevept
United Kingdom
2005/11/08, 04:19 PM
Ashley, read the above advice and follow it, "and if I had the power to eat more then that i totally would" you DO have the power, adjust your day to include time to eat, and take a couple days off from exercise you are overtraining which can supress your appetite. Take up dendys offer of guidence. Please.
dendys
dendys
United States
2005/11/09, 02:09 PM
Ashley how are you doing?
With much care,
Dendy
Ashley3456
Ashley3456
United States
2005/11/06, 04:54 PM
Well..i have always been self-conscience with my belly and what not. I was underweight my whole life, not from doing anything.. i was active and everything.. it was just natural. I then started gaining weight and soon i was 5"7 and 140 lbs. I am quite muscular and what not. Anyways.. i started going to the gym.. and watching what i ate.. as time passed i started working out more and eating a bit less.. i excerise 7 days a week, i dance 4 times a week.. my day usually consists of the gym 6-7:30 am, work 8-4, and on nights i have dance i dance from 5-6.. to about 8-9:30.. it varies.. and on the nights i don't dance i goto the gym.. sometimes i don't go in the mornings though..not to mention i always find time to jog.. i do cardio every single day, about an hour to an hour and a half.. i think i am eating enough.. but lately people have really been on my case thinking i have eating issues.. i personally don't believe i do.. but i have been told by numerous people and just want some advice from people who work out too.. none of these people do so they have no idea. if i eat in the morning iw ill have a yogurt and half a banana.. and then i usually don't eat until 8 at night.. maybe a salad or something throughout the day.. i know i don't have the best eating schedule.. but because i am always on the go, and i can't eat right before dance or the gym.. a meal for me would be a bowl of cereal and a piece of toast.. but i have a bird stomache.. i always have.. i dunno.. people just have really been bothering me about it and i don't think there an issue.. just some feedback and a biased opinion would be appreciated.. from people who don't know me and only see the situation. This has been going on for like 6-7 months.. and people have said i have lost weight.. i don't see it, i'm not overweight, but i'm not super skinny either.. so i don't see why people are worried. Thanks
Ashley3456
Ashley3456
United States
2005/11/06, 05:03 PM
Oh and i am 17 years old. lol
sivysivy
sivysivy
United States
2005/11/07, 12:55 AM
That is definitely not enough food, and the food you are eating does not have that great of nutritional value. You can still eat salads, maybe add chicken to it. Have more for lunch, a dinner, and two snacks. Some foods you might try, cottage cheese, Natural peanut butter, tuna, Low sodium no nitrate lunch meats, whole grain bread, oatmeal with berries, more whole fruits, add lots of veggies to your salads, lean meats for dinner, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, nuts, fish, eggs, or egg whites. Hope this helps.
Ashley3456
Ashley3456
United States
2005/11/07, 10:23 AM
It does help, and if i had the power to eat more then that i totally would.. i dunno, i just think it would be too much and i feel sick. If i eat something and know i didn't have to, i usually go running or something or to the gym, sometimes i find myself going to the gym twice a day if i can fit it in lol.. its crazy.. im supposed to be eating like 2500 calories a day.. and theres no way in hell i can do this.. i barely reach 700 and when working out i burn off 700-800ish.. see this is why i am confused.. and why people have been harassing me.. when i read it i see somethings up, but when i think about it, i know that i'm fine and nothings wrong.. i dunno.. lol