Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

badenuff
badenuff
United Kingdom
2012/06/16, 05:07 AM
Hi, just started this and am a bit nervous which sounds silly I suppose.  I am doing Insanity and love it, although my knees creak a little.  (50).  Been fit all my life, never overweight but sometimes I lack motivation due to shift work.  Thats me, would love to hear from anyone anywhere in the world.
cmotanya
cmotanya
United States
2012/06/16, 06:12 PM
Hey badenuff I'll introduce myself as well. Im not new to this website but this is my first time taking a lot at teh different groups that the webiste offers. I dont know how the posts work but Ill give it a try. Anyone know the best way to lose belly fat but also gain muscle? the right balance between cardio and weight lifting? Open ended question but I want to hear a vareity of rsponses.

Thanks, hope someone responds
Darenm
Darenm
United States
2012/06/16, 10:24 PM (Edited: Darenm - 2012/06/16, 10:26 PM)
Hi badenuff,
You are doing Insanity?! I just saw that and it cause my attention. Is it really as good as they make it out? How far into it are you? The whole maximum interval training is new to me and I am trying to understand it. Any help you could pass along? This really seams to be what I need to break the plateau I have been on. Thanks.
Darenm
badenuff
badenuff
United Kingdom
2012/06/17, 02:56 AM
Hi cmotanya & darenm.  I found P90X and Insanity are the best things for losing weight, tightening up the core and reaching vo2 max.  Try insanity for cardio and P90X for all over conditioning, its money thay is well spent as a one-of payment forever.  No gym fees and little equipment.  Keep hydrated as a 2% loss of body fluid = 20% loss of performance.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail