Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

New to FT

burris79
burris79
United States
2017/06/25, 08:32 PM
Hi, my name is Dave. I'm 38 and live in NH. I used to serve in the military and in 2007, I went to Iraq. When I returned in 2008, I was in the best shape of my life, at 29. While deployed, itwas very easy to focus. Not a whole lot else to do when not on mission, so I worked out 2-3 hours/day, 28 days out of the month. When I came back, I was hit by an SUV pulling into traffic, while I was out for a run. It was all down hill from there. I gained weight and got out of shape.  I've been trying for years to get back into the swing of things, to no avail. Of course, I got married, the family grew, and work lots of hours, so that doesn't help. Hoping this will help!
laneyjade123
laneyjade123
United States
2017/06/30, 02:42 AM
burris79
Hi, my name is Dave. I'm 38 and live in NH. I used to serve in the military and in 2007, I went to Iraq. When I returned in 2008, I was in the best shape of my life, at 29. While deployed, itwas very easy to focus. Not a whole lot else to do when not on mission, so I worked out 2-3 hours/day, 28 days out of the month. When I came back, I was hit by an SUV pulling into traffic, while I was out for a run. It was all down hill from there. I gained weight and got out of shape.  I've been trying for years to get back into the swing of things, to no avail. Of course, I got married, the family grew, and work lots of hours, so that doesn't help. Hoping this will help!

--- Hi, my name is Delaney. I am 17 and will be graduating at the end of this next school year. I want to go into the Army and am starting this program in hopes to help me get in shape for my new adventure in life. I was just wondering if there were any tips or advice that you could give me for my training.
burris79
burris79
United States
2017/07/02, 10:08 AM
Run, sprint, pushups, and situps. Sprinting will increase your speed. Do 60 seconds of sprinting, followed by 120 seconds of walking. Do this for 3 minutes. If you can get someone to run a timer for you that will make it easier. Go on long runs, 2 miles, 3 miles, 4 mile, 5 miles. Do pushups and situps every morning and every night, to exhaustion. The running and the sprinting was done when I was in basic, and I saw a noticable difference in my time. I did the pushup and situps like this just before I deployed to Iraq in 07 and saw a noticable increase in my numbers. Be sure you are eating properly, as well.