Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

New to dieting

Cyrus5432
Cyrus5432
United States
2007/11/16, 09:45 AM
Hello Everyone, I am kinda new to dieting so i have a question to ask.. im really trying to burn about 30Ibs of fat off and then add some back on as muscle later. Basically i need to know if what i am eating is beneficial to my weight loss...For breakfast i usually eat some oatmeal (no butter) then 2-3 hours later i have a protein shake and then i will eat lunch, maybe a grilled chicken salad (no cheese, bacon, with lowfat ranch) then 2-3 hours after lunch another protein shake then i will have dinner (steak, green beans, salad) and then i will have another shake about 2 hours before i go to bed. What is everyone's opinion on this diet
2007/11/16, 09:51 AM
Welcome to FT. You will get a better a response if you tell us your age, weight, male/female, how many calories you are eating, what is in the shakes, lay it all out. Why so many shakes? Also, what are you doing in regards to an exercise program? This is a great site with alot of good info and smart people, the more info you can provide the better answers you will get. Good luck with your goals.
Cyrus5432
Cyrus5432
United States
2007/11/16, 09:55 AM
I am 23 male, 6 feet tall, and weigh 220. I exercise 3 times a week at a gym and do mainly weight training. i consume around 2000 calories a day. The shakes are 100% whey protein with 23 grams of protein per shake. I was told by a few friends at my gym to eat more meals during the day and supplement snacks for these shakes. So i drink a shake between meals to keep my metabolism going and to get my daily amount of protein.