Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

New Member Intro

Kiebler
Kiebler
Canada
2015/12/19, 01:36 PM
It took me until I turned 40 to realize how important it is to look after your body, by the time I had reached 40 I weighed 185Ibs on a 5'5" frame. I have been training ever since first starting out in a gym in 1999.The last 6 years I have trained for many 5K's through to running one marathon - after a few years runnng races I added triathlon training into the mix which was interesting as I had to learn to swim first :-) Through it all I find my most enjoyable times have been in the gym training with weights and I continue to enjoy this the most although I have not given up on running/triathlons, just don't train as much for races anymore. I think mostly because I have no one to train with, it can be hard to stay self motivated at times especially when training to run long distance.
Now at age 56 I find myself struggling with keeping the weight off (I am now at 168Ibs and heading in the wrong direction), I struggle to maintain a healthy diet coupled with trying to find a way to get back to my previous fitness level. Takes hard work backed up by motivation I can attest to that for sure - my goal is to get back on track with setting my sights on running another 10K, working my way back up to a 1/2 marathon distance, no desire to race another marathon at least not at this point. Finally I would like to complete an Olympic distance triathlon in the 2016 season, time will tell. Who knows perhaps I will find the some additional motivation/inspiration here.