Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

New Be

cheribrown
cheribrown
United States
2006/02/23, 08:45 PM
i'm in week 9 at the gym, i am working my butt off sometimes 3 hours a day i LOVE it and understand why people get addicted to working out, but my problem is that i havent lost a lb in 2 weeks now , i dont eat much meat so i just got some whey protein, any other advice?..thanks !!:(
Dustin216
Dustin216
United States
2006/02/23, 09:46 PM
I've been working out on and off for awhile. but for the last year ive been working out 5 days a week and only lost about 15 pounds in a year almost all of my weight loss came off in like the first 3 months but im going more for size and strength.It takes time and hard work forsure but maybe look at how many calories you are taking in and what kind. Then how often, how hard and what you are doing at the gym?
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2006/02/24, 10:31 AM
Rule of thumb: Weight loss is done in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Make sure you're eating clean and getting enough calories. If you haven't taken a long hard look at your diet then I would recommend you do that. Track everything you eat for a week or more, you can use this site or www.fitday.com to do that. Find your maintenance calories (the # of calories it takes to maintain your existing weight), then cut 200-300 calories a week till you start to see the inches fall off. Try to eat 6-8 times a day, if you require 1800 calories a day eat 6 meals at 300 calories a piece, try to get some lean proteins with every meal as well. If you're a vegetarian then read up in the Specific Diet thread there's a lot of good information in there that you can use to get protein and still maintain a Vegetarian lifestyle.

It's not all about lb's so don't get hung up on scales and weighing yourself and go out and buy a tape measure and track your measurements. I changed my lifestyle almost a year ago and initially lost about 25 lbs in 5 or 6 months. However haven't lost a lb since September, but I need a belt now even though I didn't 6 months ago in the same pair of jeans.

Keep up the good work...it does take time for your body to get acclimated to a new lifestyle and more then likely your metabolism came to a stand still prior to you changing what you eat.
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2006/02/24, 10:33 AM
Also you'll get more people to give advise if you fill out your profile so we can tell what your goals are and give suggestions. Plus it's easier to hold yourself accountable to them if you've thought them through and documented them.
maxcdc
maxcdc
Belgium
2006/02/24, 04:41 PM
Eat 6 times a day
Your body weight * 2.2 gr of protein / Your bodyweight * 2,5/3 gr of carbs
Do not train 3 hour a day :surprised:, 1H to 1H30 maximum More than that is gonna be harmful, waste of time and you won't have the result expected :)

Eat healthy and do not skip meals!