Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Neighbor from Hell...

prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/07/03, 05:14 PM
Ok, we've lived here just over 6 weeks. The girl downstairs makes me nuts. She's 21 or 22 and has 2 kids. IMHO she has no business having them, but that's a whole nother barrel of monkeys.

Here's the thing... about 1 week after we moved in, he b/f moved out. So she (not knowing me from adam) came boo hooing to me about it, "Oh, what am I gonna do??" I, being the soft heart that I am, told her her options.
a. move back home with mom and dad (no, she couldn't do that, cuz in not so many words she led me to believe that her father sexually abused her and that she would not let that happen to her kids.)
b. pull her act together and go to that new job on Tuesday (this is a month ago, mind you) and show him that she didn't need him.

Well, I offered to help by babysitting and taking her back and forth to work, only 5 min drive. This quickly turned into, "Can you go to the store for me?", "Can you take me to this appt?", "Can you take me to my mom's?" (a 35 - 40 min drive), "Can you do this, that and the other thing for me?" Getting annoyed at this point, but dealing.

We got a new computer and she asked, "Is it ok if I use your old one?" Well, ok, since you're right down stairs...

Mistake. She was told 3 days ago that we needed our computer back. She left the next day (went to her mom's with her kids to be around the father she claimed "abused" her so badly... HELLO??) Anyway, she came home last night for a few minutes to do God knows what and when I noticed that she was there, I went down and told her I wanted it back. The reply, "Well, see, I'm in a really big hurry cuz my kids are with my mom and I need to get back down there to get them." I told her she was asked for it days ago but she disappeared and that it would take me less than 2 minutes to unhook it and bring it outside of her house. To which she said, "I'll be back here first thing in the morning! You can come get it then. I swear! I'll be here!" I just walked away. I wanted so badly to rip her lying head off her body. I knew that if I said, "Too bad, you're gonna have to wait until I get it." She'd have called the cops on me. She has 9-1-1 on speed dial, I swear she does. Anyway, I walked away and went back upstairs, watching the clock. It took her longer than 10 minutes to even get out her door.

Morning came and went and she showed up while I went to pay the rent. No note, no nothing. I'll be waiting when she gets off work tonight, if she even went...

Suggestions on ways to keep from killing her and prodding her into moving??

There is a long history in the few weeks we've been here... if you want more details, I'll give you some. It will probably help you understand why I want to do unspeakable things to her...

Input? Suggestions? Even if it's funny, I could use a laugh at this point. I don't just get frustrated with her anymore, I get down right angry. So angry that I'm afraid to go workout for fear of injuring myself....

She is just a whiney, lying, using piece of crap... and she still has my computer!

----------------------------
pg
*The prettygentleone isn't so gentle anymore! ^v^
--The second you quit, then it's official - you're a failure.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/03, 05:42 PM
PG, that is quite a story. The very first time I went to college, I was fresh out of high school and so happy to be 700 miles away from my parents. My first semester went okay, but my second semester, I hardly ever went to class. I had a calc teacher who saw me one day, and told me that if I just came to his class for the rest of the semester (about 3 classes left), he would give me a C. And you know what I did? I went to the next class and then never went back. So what's my point? Sometimes people just cannot be helped, it's a mentality that is hard to get out of; one day this girl will realize how nice you were to her and how badly she treated you, but that day probably won't be soon and it may never happen. So for the depreciated cost of an old computer, you can have this girl out of your hair. Just my 2 cents of course. Good luck whatever you choose to do, don't let me catch you on an episode of Cops! =)
prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/07/04, 09:21 AM
LOL...

She's hiding. Got off work early and snuck over, got her mail and left. She knows I'm mad.

I had a moment to ponder last night and this is what I finally realized:

You CANNOT help people who don't want to help themselves; all you'll end up doing is taking care of them.

And that is exactly what this turned into... all in a matter of about 4 weeks. I just finally said enough is enough, she's on her own.

--------------
pg
Missa
Missa
United States
2002/07/05, 11:32 AM
If you want the computer back, I'd write her a letter requesting it once again and if she fails to return it you will file a complaint for it. And no, you can't help others who won't help themselves.
prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/07/06, 06:17 AM
Update:

I caught her when she came home on the 4th of July. She called the cops on me... I figured she would, however... I did get my computer back... and didn't go to jail or end up on a TV show :)

Is that a happy ending?

--------------
pg
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/06, 10:07 AM
Since there was no physical violence involved, I would say yes. I'm actually surprised she still had the computer, I was convinced she sold it or something.
mazzgolf
mazzgolf
United States
2002/07/06, 09:19 PM
Huh? All the times she asked you for help driving her places, and all the times you did help (including letting her borrow your computer) and she called the cops on you?!?! What exactly for? She doesn't sound like she's all there...
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/06, 11:09 PM
Poor PG. Hope everything is better now. Just ignore her and don't let her borrow anything again, not even sugar...lol

--------------
Lisa
junglrulz
junglrulz
United States
2002/07/12, 10:46 PM
PG, go rent the flick "Pacific Heights" then go to war. I have this inherent need for retribution I guess. I'd start with a cockroach infestation, or mice. Get the building plans from county records and start shutting things off. Keep me posted, I have a sweet tooth for tenant wars...lol