Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Need to gain muscle quick

Edwa
Edwa
Australia
2009/06/11, 06:59 PM
Thanks heaps Carivan - for a while there i couldnt find my thread as i had forgotten what section i had posted in.

I actually gave up looking and posted another thread so maybe i cancel that one.

Any way - you think the weight loss and definition program even though i am trying to gain weight? Ok ill check it out

The only reason i eat fish oil is because BB1Fit said it was soo good and i read so many benefits about it. I though they were all essential fatty acids. Anyway i might need some clarification there if BB1Fit has time..

So my tournament is on the 15th August. I just weighed myself again and i am now 65kg. :(

Edwa
Edwa
Australia
2009/06/06, 09:28 AM
Hey guys,

I am 173cm tall, currently weigh 66kg, and need to gain some weight before a karate tournament. I am in the under 75kg division and ideally would like to gain another 5-7kg of muscle but still stay lean and fit for the fight. The tournament is in 10 weeks.

I train Karate twice a week and weights 2-3 times a week.
I already have quite a lean muscular build but i train mostly my upper body as my knees are very fragile which makes it hard to do heavy leg weights.

When i fill out my nutrition profile i get the following results:

Protein - 221 g
Carbohydrates - 368 g
Fats - 82 g
Total Calories - 2940

So really i want to know:

1. what sort of weights i should be lifting, how many reps i should do, (remembering my knee problem)

2. whether these results are accurate considering i want to be lean for the fight and i will being doing a lot of cardio training.

3. is there any particular supplements or foods i should target (i already have a high protein, low carbohydrate diet, and take fish oil and WPI)

4. Am i being unrealistic? What sort of gains should i expect?

Sorry if i have not been clear. I am happy to clarify anything. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/06/06, 03:32 PM
1) you should use the weight loss and definition training program from here it is an 8 week program that will provide you with proper reps and exercises.

2)The results are NOT accurate they are high on the calories. Keep your present eating routine make sure you are getting about 160 gram of protein per day. 221 is kind of high.

3) I am not a fan of fish oils if you are trying to stay lean. You are just adding fat for no reason if you are getting enough nutrition with food.

You don't say when your tournament is, so I can't say if you are being realistic or not.
When you fill in the info for the program remember to check off lower body injury, that way it won't use your knees, or hurt you further.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
jspiked
jspiked
United States
2009/06/24, 01:12 PM
wats the next weight class down. cause 10kg is alot is there and under 60kg or something maybe you could try and lose the extra 5kg and still hit the weights hard. this may give you a slight advantage in your fight

just a suggestion

--------------
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot, and hang on.
~pres. Roosevelt