Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Need some diet ideas

lmelchior
lmelchior
United States
2005/09/20, 11:36 AM
I have been weight lifting for the past few years, however never have I got that serious about it. However, at this point I would like to step to the challenge, lean up and get into the best physical shape of my life. I am currently lifting 4 solid days a week and do at least 30 min of cardio each session and even more cardio activites on the weekends. I am at 12.7% body fat but would like to get to 9%. I am 5'5' and weigh 123lbs. Getting to the gym is not a problem, however I feel that my diet is what is holding my back from getting the cut and definition I would like. Quick sample of diet. Breakfest usually oatmeal or yogurt, snacks protien bar or nuts, lunch usually soup or another protien bar. Sometimes chicken or beef saled. Afternoon snack gronola, fruit and protien shake. Dinner really just depends no real set meal. THe only supplements I take is multi vitamin and glutamin. SHould I take addional supplements? If so how much and what? I don't really know if I want to compete someday but if I could get my body to that point I think it would be very cool. Any suggestions??
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/09/20, 09:18 PM
If you'd fill out your profile you might get more responses. Nobody can tell if you're male or female and the answers will depend on that somewhat. Welcome to FT by the way. I'm assuming your male based on your body fat but your goals aren't quite clear. Maybe it's just me but I'm an old fart. :)

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
lmelchior
lmelchior
United States
2005/09/21, 10:02 AM
I am acutally a 24 year old female. I would love to fill out my profile on here but where do I find it?
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/09/21, 02:26 PM
12.7 is an impressive start. If you read on down in this forum and the Diet and Nutrition Forum you'll find several posts from bb1fit and many others that will more than likely answer your questions. FWIW, one thing thats really helped me when cutting is to lay off everything processed (including protein and granola bars) and restrict all fruits to early in the day if at all. As for supplements, it sounds like whatever you're doing is working and all you need to do is juggle your diet around. For your profile click on the Home tab at the top of the page and then you'll see "Personal Profile" just under the top. Click on that and it'll be pretty much self explanatory from that point on.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.