Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Need Motivation in Martial Arts Workouts

Ingmar221
Ingmar221
Puerto Rico
2012/08/11, 02:07 PM
Hi! I'm Ingmar and I'm a white belt taekwondo student who is pretty out of shape and I want to give the best of me to reach the black belt.  I know is a long way but I would appreciate any tips of workouts that can improve my endurance.  Thank you.  Friends are also welcome.
chestnut93
chestnut93
United Arab Emirates
2013/05/01, 03:27 AM
Haha wow that's so cool. I once took Taekwondo, but then our so called "master" kept travelling. So yeah I only have a yellow striped Xp Here's some tips from my experiance:
- Do streching exercises everyday (Make doing a 180 degree your primary goal)
- When your first learning a move focus on perfecting it (executing 3 moves perfectly is miles better than slapping around 50 lousy movements)      then once you get it right try practing it more often for stronger effect.
- Challenge random people, kids, teen, strangers, neigbors you name it. Make fights at school ( oh yeah and better yet wear your outfit outside. My brothers did this and random people started throwing themseleves at them. It didn't exactly happen to me because I was "The girl", but they always got into crazy fights because of it. Just be careful wear you wear it.)
- In a fight NEVER ever give your back to your opponent.
- If you've ever noticed during a match, the one who keeps less ground behind them is probably losing. Make sure you keep pushing you opponent back and corner him and keep as much as ground behind you as possible.