Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

need help with weight...im new

zyhcqx8wmd
zyhcqx8wmd
United States
2006/01/29, 12:36 PM
hello all im new here and im 22 5'6 and my current weight is 102 pounds extremly underweight and you can tell by looking at me that i am. I was 118 pounds the last time i checked wich i thought i was great and before i was 160 after having my second child and then i dramatacly lost weight. And i like the figure that i have i just have no tone. And my question to all of you is if i start working out and gaining muscle would that make me gain more weight? any info is greatly appreciated.

heather.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/01/29, 03:13 PM
Heather, take a minute to fill out your profile then explore the site thoroughly There is a boatload of info here. The best and quickest way to find answers to your is to do a search at the bottom of the screen, for ex. in your case you might type gaining weight or toning up. search for the answer first as most have been answered in depth at one time or another. If you can't find an answer doing a search then post it. the people here are great. Good luck and welcome to FT!

--------------
Seize the day!
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/02/18, 05:40 PM
The answer to your question is yes, but the weight you will gain is LEAN MUSCLE MASS not fat. You want lean muscle mass, you won't look tone without it. Don't worry about what the scale says. Go by how you look and feel. And keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. Good Luck!:)

--------------
\"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them.\" -LOTR Trilogy