Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

need help

jc1977
jc1977
United States
2002/10/14, 03:47 PM
i would like to know why when u doing a diet plan for abs or to cut down on weight u have to eat more carbs then protein? i'm just curious cause i'm doing a diet but in my nutrition follow up theres more carbs then anything else and little protein..
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/10/15, 12:01 PM
Lowering your carb intake too much and too fast will put your body into hypoglycemic shock. I would never recommend lowering your protein intake at any time, but during the cutting phase you'll need to lower your carbs.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2002/10/17, 01:20 PM
If you're referring to the calculator on the site, I get the feeling it's a little out of whack. Everything I've read here points to it being a little high on carbs and calories in general. Generally, your diet will be highest on carbs - that's your body's primary energy source. Super low carb or no carb, known as ketogenic, diets force your body to metabolize your fat stores for energy. Diets like that can be rough on your muscle mass though and are terrible for training. Lowering your carbs when cutting is good idea, but like rpacheco said, do it rather gradually. Maybe by 50g/day every week. There is really no good reason to go under 100g unless sheer weight loss at all costs is your goal.