Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Myostat Update

brettmatthew
brettmatthew
United States
2002/07/01, 10:37 AM
Hello
I wrote into supplementwatch.com and asked them about this new product called "myostat" by biotest and "juiced protein" by pinnacle. These products claim to contain CSP-3, which is supposed to suppress the myostatin gene(the gene that controls muscle growth)So for anyone interested, here is their response.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for visiting SupplementWatch. All this talk that we have been seeing about "myostatin inhibitors" is a load of crap - maybe 10 years from now we will understand the complexities of regulating the myostatin gene - but we
are FAR from being anywhere close to that now (and Biotest and Pinnacle are blowing a lot of smoke about what their products can do). We will have a full review of these myostatin-inhibitor products in a coming feature - so
please stay tuned...

In Health,

SW Tech Staff
www.supplementwatch.com
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/01, 10:42 AM
I have been keepin a close eye on this project myself...so much hype, but too new to make any sort of concrete, conclusive evidence to support the inhibition of myostatin (the gene responsible for limiting muscle growth). I think that the answer is closer than 10 years away, however...the biotech world has been making some pretty significant leaps and bounds recently.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/01, 10:43 AM
One other thing: these supplement companies have also stated that you need to start out with at least a 2-3 month supply as the process could take at least this time through one year! Hmmmm...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
tomhat9
tomhat9
United States
2002/07/11, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the info! I've wondered about the product myself, ever since I read an article on that myostatin supression experiment on that rat. They used that retrovirus to genetically alter the rat. I've wondered when bodybuilders where going to start messing with there genes that way too.
nobull
nobull
United States
2002/07/15, 11:41 AM
brett matthew:
what makes you believe that the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, which spends billions of dollars in research annually on the next wonder drug (weight control high on their list of priorities), could be beaten to the punch by two supplement companies?
nobull
nobull
United States
2002/07/15, 11:42 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.