Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

My Diet HIIT Questions

missyh423
missyh423
United States
2009/04/01, 05:03 PM
I am a 35 y.o. female and I have been on free trainers for about 4 years (off and on). I stand 5'6" and am currently weigh 163 lbs down from a high of 196 lbs. I am now 15 lbs. away from my goal weight and I find that the closer I get the harder it is to lose those last few stubborn pounds!! I am wondering how many grams of protein should I be eating to lose the additional weight and if I up my protein intake will that help me to lose the extra lbs??

A typical day of meals would go something like this:

Breakfast: Nature valley almond breakfast bar 170 calories & 2 hard boiled eggs. I will usually eat something sweet like candy.....BAD I know!!!

Lunch: Usually a frozen meal such as Healthy Choice but, never usually over 400 calories.

Snack: Sunchips

Dinner: Usually either fish or chicken (8 ounces) and veggies such as a broccoli & cauliflower mix, asparagus, peas or frozen spinach (yummy!!) with vinegar.

Snack (after the gym): apple with peanut butter

**Also for beverages I usually drink Diet Dr. Pepper (my life is incomplete without it...I am addicted folks) or the little Crystal Light packets you put in bottled water.

Part two of my question. I am usually at the gym 3-4 times a week and I do cardio, weights, cardio weights otherwise I can't finish my cardio in one session on the treadmill...it kills me!! I am currently doing 45 minutes of cardio on the eliptical at a level 11 on the cascades setting. What I am wondering is if I do HIIT cardio 2 times a week will this boost my fat burning ability resulting in a lower weight?

Sorry this is such a long post and yes I do recognize I need a better alternative than pairing candy with my morning meal....I think I have too much sugar intake!

Anyhow, any suggestions on this are welcome...feel free to pick my bad habits apart I need the motivation!