Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Motivation??

faithmanders
faithmanders
United States
2009/12/29, 02:38 AM
How do I keep my motivation up? I did my first workout yesterday, today I woke up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. How can I find the strength to put myself through this again!??

Thanks
Faith
Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2010/01/01, 03:33 AM
I don't know... And it's just the first day? You better dig deep and find some self respect. If you don't respect your body then you don't respect anything. Well I don't have much room for talking but I'm trying. Make pain your friend and then move through it and never stop. Might be just wasting your time... If you got a gym membership that costs an arm and a leg that should be motivation enough.. Wait until you get hit by a train for real before quiting...
pinkalicious87
pinkalicious87
United States
2010/03/22, 05:45 PM
I've been in your shoes before so I know exactly where you are coming from. I hate working out and going to the gym is the last thing that I want to do with my time. However, my husband told me that he was finally going to take me on the cruise that I've been hinting about this winter and that has really motivated me to get back in shape.

No one can tell you how to motivate yourself. You are the only one who knows what it takes to get you out of bed every morning and what it will take to light the fire inside you. Best of luck to you and your goals

:)
2010/03/24, 12:24 PM
So Dave, you're saying you treat your body like a temple and people need to stop treating theirs like a tent? Good advice.

Faith, the pain goes away after a few weeks. Promise. Don't give up.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
2010/03/24, 12:22 PM
When you hit your mid fifties, death prevention is a good motivator.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
Ed_Young
Ed_Young
United States
2010/03/24, 01:58 PM
Hey, I walked bent over for three days after doing first sit-ups in years. :big_smile:

Have Faith (not sorry about the pun). The body springs back very quickly to a state of *readiness* for exercise. You might feel sore for up to a week, but within a little as a month, while the exercise won't necessarily seem to be getting easier, the post-workout aches will be quite considerably less and of much shorter duration.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/03/24, 03:01 PM
Stop belly aching and think of the benefits! :)

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
Solmanson
Solmanson
United States
2010/04/09, 12:17 PM
Faith, I just went through this...

I returned to lifting in mid-March and had some pretty severe cases of DOMS.(Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) I recommend a lot of passive stretching. The key is the sore muscle can't be flexed, but is being stretched.

Example: My lats were extremely sore, I couldn't lift my arms above my shoulders. I would lay on the floor and slowly work my arm strait over my head and work until I would be laying on side with the arm on the floor extended over my head.

Two weeks is the normal window for most of the extreme pain and then the body gets much better at handling the process. After the initial phase of training, you may only have some extreme soreness after trying a new exercise.

Hang in there and just know it doesn't last!
addyson237
addyson237
United States
2010/04/26, 04:32 PM
You take all your stress and deep thoughts and save them for your workout. It acts as therapy. Once you have been doing this for a few days, you tend to look forward to it, and then need it. If I don't run or do something active I go crazy.
Get rid of your fat clothes. Once you drop a size, get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit. Buy yourself smaller jeans and tops. This will motivate you to stay thin and just focus on getting thinner. When I say get rid, I mean give them a away or sell them... DO NOT box them or hide them.
If you have a partner your intimate with, start doing all the work. Not only is it cardio for you, but great for your partner. Pick new positions that target areas you don't normally work. :love:
pegleghobble
pegleghobble
United States
2010/05/01, 07:49 PM
That is great advice addyson237...I will definitively be using it! Thanks