Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Mixing Malto and Dextrose???

ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/08/13, 09:14 AM
Hi All,

So for the last month I have been mixing 20g of malto and 20g of dextrose pwo. According to the instructions on the packages, to get 20 of each I need 6.5 tbsp of dextrose and 3.5 of Malto. I know this figure (which is 25% of my weight) is for a cutting diet. I am not cutting or trying to lose fat, but have been experimenting with what will work best for me.

So anyway, I know to gain I need to up this, even double it. I have never been able to mix it well no matter what I use (shaker or blender). I keep cool aid in the fridge and add the proper amounts pwo. It seems that you need a ton of liquid or else it gets super saturated and you get sugar clumps (although these taste amazing, especially when that is really the only sugar I get).

Anyway, my question is, if I double the amount of m and d, it seems like I will need a bucket of kool aid just to get this to dissolve. How do others mix this? I tried preparing a bunch before hand, but I found that this didn't work, because the sugar took up so much space in the container, that it made my measurements wrong. Now that i add the m and d after every workout (rather than preparing a large amount in advance), i dont care how much liquid is in it, because I add the right amount of sugar (m and d) and know how much I am getting.

Can anyone shed some light?

THanks!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/08/13, 05:26 PM
You must be getting crap quality because I get mine premixed 50/50 off http://www.trueprotein.com and mix it in with 2 scoops Whey Protein Isolate Ion-Exchange and 3 grams of CCE with about 24 oz of water and shake it up and it's fine!

the mix does not clump up or anything it dissolves in the water!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/08/13, 05:53 PM
Thanks SFGMVP! That's a great site. I have been getting them seperate from vitaglo as recommended in some of the insuling spiking posts.

Going to place an order right now.
ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/08/13, 08:25 PM
so I'm pretty much a dumba$$. After reading your post I went back and looked at the label for my dextrose. I originally read it as 1.25tbsp = 4g, when in actuality it was tsp. So my calculations were way off. No wonder I couldnt get rid of that excess gut fat. DOH!! I wont chalk to past two months up as worthless though, because I was eating right (other than this) and exercising religously.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/08/13, 08:36 PM
Actually I use a Hug scoop 70 CC and then a tad more!

Protein in mine is 56 grams and the Malto/Dextrose is 40 something around 46 to 48 grams it's a scoop and a tad more!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!