Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

midnight binges

georgebeato
georgebeato
United States
2001/02/14, 11:43 AM
hey guys & girls. i have a major problem, and it has carried with me for years! i have been training for ten years, and have been able to get my body to 7 and even 8 percent bodyfat. i have always been able to do it, however my one problem always remains, that throws 6 to 8 weeks of dieting out the window. its my midnight binges. i always seem to wake up in the middle of the night walking to the fridge and grabbing foods that i wouldnt dare touch during the day. everything from high sodium foods, to breads, to scoops of peanut butter and butter. yes, you read that right...peanut butter and straight butter combined. when its nearing "summer time", i still get-up, but force myself to go back to bed starving. the key there, is starving. i need some solid advice as to how to "train" myself not to do this. obviously something is wrong here, because its a subconscious effort that my body has to feed itself...pretty much like going and takin' a piss in the middle of the night. "how does the body wake "yourelf" up to do these things?" my body is trying to tell me something.....
i do eat throughout the day, every three hrs, which gives me 6 meals! my caloric intake is around 2000-2600 each day. i train 4-5 days a week, and do cardio 2-3 days(bike-mornings). PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Fumin
Fumin
Canada
2001/02/15, 12:13 AM
How much do you weigh, how tall and what is your age? Perhaps you need to up your calories per meal? If you are fairly young (late teens to mid twenties) you may have a high metabolism.

Perhaps consult a registered dietician or a sports nutritionistfor advice, especially one that is familiar with bodybuilding.

Are you drinking at least 10 glasses of water a day that could help too?

Fumin
georgebeato
georgebeato
United States
2001/02/16, 03:58 PM
i weigh 165lbs....i am 5'8.....and thirty years old. i drink more water than that, usually 15-20 glasses,8oz each at least!
bore
bore
United States
2001/02/15, 09:30 PM
Theres nothing wrong with eating in the middle of the night. Just try to eat sensible. You know every night before you go to bed that you are going to be hungry at midnight. So before you go to bed make up a shake or a sandwich or something healthy. If it's already made you will eat it, but if there is nothing made you will eat anything and everything.(been there done that)
GOOD LUCK

Rob
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/02/16, 01:38 AM

put a lock on that fridge bro...
nice and simple
georgebeato
georgebeato
United States
2001/02/16, 04:00 PM
sounds good.....ive been trying to keep a low calorie protein bar like balance bar, or promax.......but my taste buds at that hour goes for the peanut butter......i nee to show discipline!
sunnyjack
sunnyjack
United States
2001/03/05, 07:20 PM
Try getting rid of those foods that tempt you at night and replace them with something that will satisfy your cravings without blowing your whole program. Try a Myoplex Delux bar - they taste great.