Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

MET-Rx Bars

ZackDarnell
ZackDarnell
United States
2001/12/09, 01:28 PM
What does everyone know about MET-Rx Food bars? They taste good, are low fat, high protein, with carbs too. What does everyone think about them? Im not talking about MET-Rx Protein Plus, just their regular 100 gram food bar. Everyone let me know your thoughts!
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2001/12/09, 03:32 PM
I think there are better choices. Why? too much sugar....and I am sure you know all the reasons you shouldn't eat sugar if your are trying to change your physique. If you must have protein bars choose one with a very low sugar content. You would be better off with a potato, rice or oatmeal if you are looking for carbohydrates.
ZackDarnell
ZackDarnell
United States
2001/12/09, 04:48 PM
Yeah, i noticed they are rather high in sugar, but not much higher than a Balance Bar or a power bar. Im not necessarily looking for carbohydrates, just a good mix of everything. What do you recommend, in the way of bars? I already eat a lot of oatmeal and potatoes. Everyone let me know what you think.
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2001/12/10, 07:34 AM
Do you eat bars cuz you are on the road? I am not a fan of bars. Too much sugar, poorer quality of protein lots of additives. But thats my opinion. I eat them emergency only (forgot my cooler or cannot get to a good place to eat). I think most bars are candy bars with sugar. ie Balance bar. Take some bars sometime and compare the sugars side by side with a candy bar. Don't be fooled because the supplement company says they are great for you. In some cases it would be 75 cents for a three musketeer bar and 2.00 for a sugar loaded health bar!!!
Pure Protein by Worldwide it the best I have found.
Nitrotech is ok ratio but expensive (3.00) but it gives me a gut ache!