Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Melissa with the Weight Loss Issues

MelBelle28
MelBelle28
Trinidad And Tobago
2016/08/30, 02:35 PM (Edited: MelBelle28 - 2016/08/30, 02:42 PM)
My name is Melissa and I am 28 years old, a mom to a gorgeous 1 year old boy and a wife to the best man a woman could ever hope for. I have been working out since the year 2010 and my lowest weight on record was 152lbs, just 2 lbs. away from my ultimate goal weight of 150. It's been a long HARD fight for me with lots of downs, tears, short stints of giving up and everyday self-hate. I currently weight 171lbs. I know I am an endomorph (gain weight easily, lose weight with great difficulty) which I ABSOLUTELY HATE!!!!

I first started this long journey at 198lbs in 2010. I began with doing workouts by Denise Austin, following a controlled diet and I shed a lot of 'water weight'. When I went down about 15lbs, I started doing the Team Beachbody programs with a serious level of focus, one after the other. By October 2012, I was down to 152lbs and success was at my fingertips.

I went through a tough breakup and rode an emotional rollercoaster for a few weeks. Then I started dating again (my now husband) which comprised of lots of daily food splurges, even though I was maintaining my workouts. I knew I was wreaking havoc on my weight loss goals and progress and was scared to ever step back on the scale. I tried to regain control but was never really able to.

I found out I was pregnant in September 2014. At the first doctor visit, the nurse had me step on a scale and I was MORTIFIED! Back up to 188lbs at only 6 weeks pregnant.

I decided there on I wanted to have a healthy active pregnancy. When I was past the morning sickness phase, I started doing light workouts at medium intensity, 5 or 6 days a week at 4 months pregnant. I cut out all junk and fought my cravings with great valor. My heaviest weight at the time I gave birth was 210lbs. I worked out until a day before I gave birth.

For two and a half months after birth, I was very, very depressed but hid it from everyone. I hardly ate and cried a lot. I slowly started working out once a day for 30 mins and got back down to 166lbs which made me sort of happy but I was still depressed.

I started back working out at full high intensity when my son was 4 months old. I was not weighing myself but everyone was commenting on how thin I was getting, which made me feel better.

I must have gotten careless with my diet again because to date, I'm 171lbs. I don't want to give up because, as I told my husband, I want to be a fit mom and the "hot wife hanging from his arm". I want to flatten my belly, chisel my core and have toned arms and nice legs and see 150 or even less on the scale. I want to be able to wear clothing without feeling self-conscious ad wear a tankini or even a bikini with confidence and a smile. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not see fat ad jiggle and rolls everywhere.

I don't really have the ideal budget to eat healthy (babies are NOT CHEAP). My husband is supportive and checks me when I overdo it with the junk food. He does try to help me eat healthier and gives me that extra push when I need it.

My ultimate hurdle I can never seem to jump over is emotional eating and I know this is the culprit. When life gets hard and I become angry, depressed or even happy, I eat all sorts of things I know I shouldn't be eating in large quantities - like chocolate (especially white chocolate), caramel popcorn and sweet sandwich cookies like Oreo.

I really cannot bear to look at myself in the mirror - with or without clothes on. I always get so demotivated and feel like crying, but I hide it from my husband. I was actually considering joining a weight loss clinic and even liposuction. I also was looking to get gastric bypass surgery but I do not fit the criteria to be a likely candidate. I'm so desperate to get back down to 150lbs so I can love myself. But I won't give up and I don't want to.