Group: Lose Weight or Lose Fat

Created: 2012/01/23, Members: 254, Messages: 127

Think about which one is truly your goal.

Join group

Lose a dress size in 2 weeks

BurningGirl
BurningGirl
Sweden
2012/03/11, 03:10 PM
What would I need to do to go from a medium to a small? I have all the time in my hands and I thought that I need a challenge to keep myself busy, but I need some help on the way :) I don't know the appropriate questions to get me going either, except what should I eat and what shouldn't I eat?
Fyrblade
Fyrblade
Canada
2012/03/12, 08:37 PM
BurningGirl
What would I need to do to go from a medium to a small? I have all the time in my hands and I thought that I need a challenge to keep myself busy, but I need some help on the way :) I don't know the appropriate questions to get me going either, except what should I eat and what shouldn't I eat?

---
Hi BurningGirl

I don't know the intricacies of Dress Sizing 101, but depending on your body composition, I'd suspect you will want to burn calories and knock your body fat percentage down.  (If you're a muscular medium, it's going to be pretty tough to shed that to become a small!) And while there's no miracle pill or exercise that will do that, the usual mechanics will be the same.  Take a hard look at what you're eating and tell yourself honestly if it is a good choice or if there are better choices.  Go to your fridge and cupboards, and bring a garbage can.  Be honest, and don't think.  FILL IT. 

If you are one to eat 3 square meals a day, make it 5 small meals at closer spaced intervals.  With healthy options coming in more often, your body will be less prone to storing.  Processed, pre-prepared, pre-packaged food? Garbage.  Throw it out. 

If you have lots of time to train, make sure that the food you're eating is what you're going to need over the next couple of weeks.  It's about getting energy in, replenishing, and recovering for the next day.

Now push away from the computer, get outside, and do what you enjoy doing.  Now isn't the time to learn something new.  It sounds like you have little time to hit your goal.  Grad maybe?

If you're a jogger, jog, but challenge yourself.  Not in the sense of upping your usualy 5k to 20k, but take your 5 and add some intervals of speed.. Add a little distance.  Another km perhaps.  Maybe 2.  Challenge yourself during your 2 weeks.  You know in your head and your heart if you're pushing yourself.  If you don't push, you don't get better.  Training 5k makes you alright at doing 5k.  Practice 10k and you'll be much better at 5k!

Now move some weight.  Get in the gym and train those muscles.  And whatever you do, don't fear building bulging muscles.  It won't happen in 2 weeks,  For women, it takes a serious commitment to do that, and it takes serious time.  Countless hours and a protein-rich diet and serious dedication.  So get in there, and challenge yourself.  Focus on your entire body.  Arms, legs, chest, stomach, back. 

Those muscles are going to help burn fat. 

Finally, when you're doing those other day-to-day things, do it with conviction.  Going shopping? Pick up the pace.  Walking to work? Walk faster.  Cleaning the house? Do it faster and more aggressively.  There's a potential workout in everything you do to live.

Remember, as the forum name suggests, don't watch the scale.  Watch your measurements.
GingerRue
GingerRue
United States
2012/04/01, 01:23 AM
I have never thought of it that way.

I have just joined this group because I know what I need to do...I need to lose fat, not weight. I don't care how much I weigh but I do care about how I look.
cdavis222
cdavis222
United States
2012/05/23, 04:15 PM
I completely agree with Fyrblade. After you finish your two week training, I have a really good regimine for you to maintain where you stand. 

1 mile morning run or 2 mile walk
Fuel + Fitness: Horizontal Conditioning video. It's only 10 minutes and feels so good to do after cardio. Plus, you only have to do it 3 times a week :) It's completely focused on building your core which is probably the area you need to target the most. 

Finish by doing 50 jumping jacks, 10 pushups, and 10 sit-ups three - 3 times
GoodLifemrbship
GoodLifemrbship
Canada
2012/11/13, 04:15 PM
For any and everyone needing tips on personal training or GoodLife gym memberships in the Toronto area

If you want to:

-Lose weight
-Gain Weight
-Increase Energy/Endurance
-Quit Smoking
-Decrease pain
-Improve Flexibility etc
Twistedtwin
Twistedtwin
United States
2012/11/20, 05:13 PM
Can anyone give tips on what foods r better to eat after exercize? On for any meal in general? Is there any fat burning foods that taste good?