Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

lnew workout program..lipo-6

karima906x
karima906x
United States
2006/03/20, 02:49 PM
Hello everyone I am new here,I am also a new mommy (7- month,boy) and on Day 1 of my workout/nutrition program...This is it, so I am really trying to find ways to motivate myself outside of what I would normally do ( which is nothing at all). I live in Bakersfield, CA.
I've been working out for the past month, just sort of gung-ho with no set plan or routine, (cardio class 5-6x per week, also I took Lipo-6, I lost 10 lbs and EVERYBODY saw a difference. What sucked was the guy at the supplement store sold it to me for an outrageous 69.00 for one bottle! After checking internet prices, I found that I could've saved 30 bucks, at least! However, I don't credit my gains to only the supplement, I ate only whole grains (e.g. oatmeal or malt-o-meal), and ate a lot of tuna, chicken (boiled or grilled), frozen and fresh veggies. I'm so thankful that I love broccoli and spinach, because for the next 8-weeks I am eating it as a staple food. Anyway, I am also adding a tasteless whey protein powder (17.99 at Rite-Aid) to my diet, and unfortunately I am all out of Lipo-6, nor can I afford it. (However, contemplating buying a generic hydroxycut from Walgreens but it'll take a little more research before I make the purchase).
I am hoping to lose lbs and gain muscle and look good this spring of course.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/20, 06:07 PM
Excellent attitude, also sounds like you got a pretty good head on your shoulders. The good news, you can save money on the Lipo-6...don't buy it. Weight loss is acheived in the kitchen. You just need to get your diet squared away. Your already eating the right kind of foods, whole grains, tuna, chicken, broccoli, spinach. Spend your money on whole foods, not "fat burners" you don't need them to lose the weight. They should be called "money burners". As far as the whey protein goes, maybe get a better brand that what you get at rite-aid. You can get ON's 100% whey online pretty cheap, That's just what I'm partial too, you may find something else you would rather go with. If you do the whey, use it as a supplement after your workout. If you use it as a meal replacement, I would not recommend doing this more than once a day. Your heading more in the right direction than most just getting into it, or back into it. Browse the site and you'll see it has a lot to offer. Stick around and you'll find out. Welcome to FT and good luck!!!

--------------
Hungry and mean!
karima906x
karima906x
United States
2006/03/20, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the response mojo. Well so far so good, i think. Its only 3 pm and I've eaten 5 meals, all my meals have been l200 cal or less though. I really struggle with the diet because I am used to eating a lot...frequently, mostly stress-eating. I finally ran out of excuses this morning and got up and did 45 minutes of cardio for the first time. I still have my lifting to do at the gym later this evening, which will be a challenge because I've always drudged being in the weightlifting section of the gym by myself with all this huge, bb..kinda ctrazy, huh? But if I'm serious about my program, I'll do whatever it takes along the way.

============
Quoting from Mojo_67:

Excellent attitude, also sounds like you got a pretty good head on your shoulders. The good news, you can save money on the Lipo-6...don't buy it. Weight loss is acheived in the kitchen. You just need to get your diet squared away. Your already eating the right kind of foods, whole grains, tuna, chicken, broccoli, spinach. Spend your money on whole foods, not "fat burners" you don't need them to lose the weight. They should be called "money burners". As far as the whey protein goes, maybe get a better brand that what you get at rite-aid. You can get ON's 100% whey online pretty cheap, That's just what I'm partial too, you may find something else you would rather go with. If you do the whey, use it as a supplement after your workout. If you use it as a meal replacement, I would not recommend doing this more than once a day. Your heading more in the right direction than most just getting into it, or back into it. Browse the site and you'll see it has a lot to offer. Stick around and you'll find out. Welcome to FT and good luck!!!

=============
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/20, 06:55 PM
Exactly, spoken like someone with true determination, "do whatever it takes". I'm sure your total for 5 meals is 1200 calories right, with that being the case your on the right track, keep it up. Eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Have a solid meal before you go workout with a slow burning carb like oats(my favorite), and a good protein source, maybe a 1/2 cup cottage cheese(fatfree or low-fat) and 4 or 5 egg whites. Also have a good meal after your workout like a boneless, skinless chicken breast, sweet potato, and some broccoli. Having a Post Workout Shake is a plus too. We can get into that later after you get the whey if you decide to go with it. But by no means is it a must, just a nice plus. Have a nice workout tonight and get in your zone. Your not their to make friends, your their to workout.

--------------
Hungry and mean!