Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Legs - how to make them smaller/lean

crewtesh80
crewtesh80
United States
2004/11/29, 01:01 AM
So I have been running/working out for a while (just signed up for this a few days ago) but my thighs/legs always look/feel weird when i wear different dress pants/jeans. It feels as if the lower part of my thigh is too big for the combo of inseam/waist (29/34) that I wear, the upper part is likely tighter from my butt not being perfectly nonfat. Any suggestions on the exercises to lean/tone/lenghten my leg/thigh muscles? Thanks!!

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/29, 12:56 PM
Only way you can get "lean" is to lower your body fat, plain and simple. If you build inch of muscle under 2in of fat, well that fat will stick out about inch will it not?

Need to cut some calories somwhere to "tap into" your fat stopes to get lean.

Or just get a bigger pant size?

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

crewtesh80
crewtesh80
United States
2004/11/29, 02:35 PM
As off as it sounds, what do the pilates exercises do? i always see them and hear they lengthen?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/29, 11:14 PM
You can only lengthen a muscle so much, if your building muscle... ie. weight training.......somthings gonna get bigger, eventually( leg muscles)

Muscle length form what iunder stand is determines by the tendons that attache muscles to bones.....and the actual length of the muscle head.......Look at say ronnie colmans arms.... and say flex wheeler.......yes ronnie is huge, however he has thick muscles also......where flex is more "symetric" wise, very long lean muscles. SO part of it is genetics and training....

Make sur eyou go full range of motion......and stretch.......but if you have body fat on muscle, thats whats gonna make you look bulky.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.