Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Last Week's (23-27 April) Joinees

EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/04/28, 10:32 AM
I'm no expert, just a guy who wants to improve his health, the way he looks, and the way he feels. A bunch of folks have joined up over the last week, which makes us a small, new, but powerful community. I think if we make the effort we can motivate ourselves to do great things and reach our individual goals. We can't really look over each other's shoulders but we can help with personal motivation and be proud of our gains with the support of our fellow on-liners. I am working the 12-Week Abs program and the Mass Buislding Program and I am looking forward to comparing notes with all the other new guys/gals. This note starts the string, I guess if everyone wants to play, then we can make this fun and worthwhile. Look forward to hearing your opinions, ideas, and general desire to be an on-line worldwide team. Thanks for reading, Erik!!
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/04/30, 01:47 PM
Erik,
That's awesome what you wrote!!!! Good attitude. I too started the 12week mass gainer and ab program. I just felt I needed to bulk up and what I was doing was producing jack squat. I just started the second week and it feels good. I never knew that muscles needed so long to rest. I was ripping up my body six days a weeks and rest periods were only 2-3 days. NOT GOOD. How is your workout going and will you stick with it? Stay focused dude. Merlin
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/04/30, 02:52 PM
Merlin, thanks for the write up. I appreciate the note because it is exactly what I hoped would happen, stimulate conversation and keep people motivated. I agree with your point about the rest periods. I used to lift five days a week and rest maybe one or two. Today I started the Mass Build and all I did was legs, three total exercises. It actually felt wierd because I thought I was cheating myself by only doing three exercises. But I am going to stick to the program and see what happens. I'll give a first week report on Sunday and see what other have to say.

And thanks for the motivation, I am looking forward to comparing notes.

Erik
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/04/30, 04:10 PM
Erik,
I don't know if I joined same time as you or one week before...but who cares. I did my second leg workout this morning. It's weird, it seems like with the adequate, and more to the point generous, rest time, the muscles can repair themselves properly without rushing and not doing a more thorough job. My limbs have never had this kind of soreness for so many days after the initial lifting and it feels good. Looking forward to resting tomorrow. I guess that all the routines are the same then. I take it you did squats, leg presses, and seated calf raises today and you will rest tomorrow. Ciao Merlin
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/04/30, 05:21 PM
Lunges, squats, and leg curls today. I am not sure if I pushed myself hard enough though. Some soreness but now what I wanted so I may have shortchanged myself.
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/04/30, 05:26 PM
Yours is different then. My routine in two weeks has had no real hamstring or glute isolation. That is my only concern about it. Some days seem too easy. Only one or two excercises for one muscle per week seems weak. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll stick with it for 11 more weeks and then make the call.
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/04/30, 05:47 PM
Erik,
I'm at work and I'm not able to go to a chat room for some reason with our systems. Sorry. At home I can though. Later.
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/05/01, 11:06 AM
Merlin, Agree with the different programs. I forgot that each program is based on the criteria you selected and your personal information and goals. So maybe we can't compare daily workouts by exercise, but more by goal attainment.

Today, shoulders and calves. Definitely a good workout, I felt it and am still feeling it now as I type this message. Today, I felt like I worked harder than yesterday and didn't cheat myself. And even when I could only get a couple of reps at a higher weight, I was not so disappointed but fired up to know that I have a new goal to reach!!!

Hope you had a good one!!!
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/05/02, 01:49 PM
Merlin, Haven't heard from you in a couple of days!! Hope all is well. Today, a rest day for lifting but I did abs this morning. Really concentrated on my crunches and I can definitely feel them!!! Killed my calves yesterday but really am feeling it today. Looking forward to getting back at the weights tomorrow.
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/05/06, 07:45 AM
Got through the first week in the Mass Building Program. Overall, I feel great. Nothing really noticeable other than some muscle pain during the week. My weight stayed the same, about 203. The big thing is that I feel good about the program and getting everything accomplished. Week #2 is going to be tougher because I am on business travel and it may be difficult to find a gym and perform. We'll see what happens!! Good luck with your upcoming week!!!
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/05/07, 01:33 PM
Erik,
How's it going? Good job on the first week. I just started my third week today. I definately see cuts that weren't there before and the rest periods are good for growth. I only weigh 155 so I have a ways to go. Then again I only weighed 95 lbs as a high school freshman. I'm 24 now so I'm coming up. Stay focused bud. Hog
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/05/07, 11:38 PM
Thanks amigo, I appreciate it. Good luck as you continue on your own path. Nice to hear that you are seeing results, I know that I have as well.
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/05/10, 11:46 AM
What up E,
Still lifting. If you read my post over in advanced topics, you'll see I'm having a hard time waking up in the morning to lift. Any suggestions besides beddie bye early. I go to bed fairly early. I work till 8 and have to watch NBA playoffs and Baseball. Usually crash around 10-11 and used to have no problem getting up. We'll chat sometime in the chatroom. Let me know when you would be in there. Stay focused. Merlin
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/05/11, 08:26 AM
Suggestions for getting up early? Hmmm, interesting topic. Well, to be honest, I get up at 5:30 am and head right to the gym. However, my backfround is military and I am used to getting up early. I am very much a morning person. Just keep motivated and remember why you are getting up. This past week was a touhg on though. I was away on business and really lost the whole week. Very disappointing but there really was not much that I could do. I have to get back on track right away!!