Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Just trying to change my life around/ lifestyle

Dchatman7
Dchatman7
United States
2016/01/02, 01:40 AM
I am 19 years of age, just finished a semester of college, and for as long as I can remember I have always been obese, though I may not look it now. I am about 182-190, and I am 5 ft 6 and 1/2 inches tall. But I have a set goal which has to do with me losing about 20 or more pounds. I have recently tried to exercise and etc, but what makes me fail is living with parents who does not seem to care about their weight. I sometimes try to convince them to change their eating habits, but I am ignored. I am not blaming them for my decisions, but we do not have healthy food in our household at all. We have a lot of fried foods, and etc. I just want something different, I want to try something new.
abbyjanekent
abbyjanekent
South Africa
2016/01/03, 07:28 AM
That is so lovely that you want to turn your life around! And you can indeed do it. I understand where you are coming from, my parents are very much the same as well. They enjoy the luxurious unhealthy food. But I found after I got a job and started buying healthy food it changed their minds, they could see I was happier and more active when I was eating healthy. It can be difficult though, as it did not stick after I had moved out. 
Try to find ways to cook the foods you have already in a healthy way, perhaps that could make a difference.
I hope this was at all helpful, and even if it wasn't at least you can rest assure that you aren't alone.
I'm sure things will work out for the best!