Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Jogging

hemp17
hemp17
United States
2005/03/04, 11:03 AM
ok i would like to start jogging....i have never jogged before. The first thing is i drink a lot of water when i exercise, is it ok to run with a bottle of water or will the unbalanced weight be wrong? Then i have poor endurence (part of the reason i want to start jogging)anyway suggestions on starting? And being a beginner im a bit embarrassed about people seeing me run..any confidence builders? thanks!

--------------
If the whole world were like you there would be no you.
nerraw
nerraw
United States
2005/03/04, 12:30 PM
1. Put your left foot in front of the right.
2. Do the same now with the right.
3. Complete 1 & 2 again a little faster.
4. Now you are jogging.

If as you say you are a beginner it is unlikely that you'll jogging that far, lose the water bottle. That way you won't be worrying about it and can concentrate on getting a rhythm established.

Run upright with lose hands, feel good and let others watch you, they probably aren't running, so you are ahead of the game and should feel GREAT.

Lastly expel thoughts of embarrasment, the sooner you do, the more self confidence you'll develop. If you are concerned about what others think of you, chances are you are being judgemental of others yourself...!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/03/04, 03:24 PM
The "others" will watch you run by and they will say....That girls in shape. They don't know when you took up the sport.
C'mon go and run!

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
philip1986
philip1986
United Kingdom
2005/03/23, 11:12 AM
If u feel embarresed by joggin u will be unable to achieve the full results of the jog, and as for the water, no need if ur new, howeva at the later stages wrist, and ancle weights and bottle straps are a very gud investment, as well as a joggin radio, so u dont get bored lol :dumbbell:

--------------
Women are great, time is short, but we all find a way through the mist. dont we?