Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

injury and training

edwardJ
edwardJ
Australia
2006/03/07, 03:40 AM
hi, i have a slight back injury that inhibits me from doing anything tremendously physcial with my upper body like ... bench pressing, dumbell curls, boxing etc. its a muscle on the left of my back that is giving me trouble but other than that im alright. i dont like being inactive and really want to start doing something that can compensate for the training im unable to do now. i have two questions:

1) is there anything i can do that i can do that wont put too much strain on my upperbody that could compensate for the training im not doing now and assist in getting my upper body bigger?

2) now that ive taken a break from going to the gym because of this back injury should i keep my calorie intake levels as they were when i was going to the gym? im worried that if i do i will just accumulate fat
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/03/17, 08:52 AM
Hi Edward

If you arent working out as much I would cut your calorie intake,but just slightly...Just reduce the amount of calories you would have used up with your workouts..If your workouts burned 300 calories,then reduce that from your diet.

Doing reps with light weights will still help you gain muscle but wont put a strain on your back.Gradually,as your back starts to heal you can increase the amount of weight.What about wearing a weight lifting belt? it will help to stabalize your back,control your posture and reduce stress on your muscles.