Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

increasing size of upperbody

edwardJ
edwardJ
Australia
2005/10/24, 06:33 AM
hi, im really keen on increasing my upperbody mass. i do pullups and from what ive read and heard they seem to be the superior upper body exercise. pullups have only developed my lats and back and my pecs are being left behind. ive read that pushups are limited in developing the chest so i dont do them. im thinking of going to the gym to do bench pressing but i dont know what weight to start with, how many reps i should be doing and how often i should be going to the gym a week to enhance my pecs. please help!! and just so you know im 18, 5 11 and weigh 145 pounds.
2005/10/24, 06:44 AM
push ups are your best friend with no access to the gym.....as they become easier...lift your legs...

pull ups develop lats and biceps/bracchialis....

you're not training chest, shoulders, tri....

best way to bring up upper body is to train the WHOLE body....you don't train back/legs....you're limiting your overall gains...

Squats
Deadlifts
Bench Press
Dips
Close Grip Bench press...

I would do 10-15 reps first 3 months....for 3 sets....then shift to 6-8 reps afterwards.....

you must also eat more...you're very skinny....6-8 small meals....this includes snacks....it's not easy...but your achievements have that much more meaning when you achieve them....

it's all about consistancy....

if you got access to a gym....do full body circuit...with free weights.....barbells/Dumbells....

Squats
Deadlifts
Incline Bench press
Pull Ups
Close Grip Bench press
stiff legged deadlifts
calf raises
barbell curls....
rows
shrugs

etc...do this workout twice a week...
2005/10/24, 06:46 AM
err....as push ups become easier...lift your legs on to something....put them on a chair....or against a wall...etc..this will emphasize upper chest and front shoulders more...
edwardJ
edwardJ
Australia
2005/10/24, 08:41 AM
thanks