Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

IM 5'4 AND 390LBS WHAT DO I DO

princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/07/28, 11:58 PM
I DONT KNOW HOW TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A YEAR NOW AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED:(

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
twalker092
twalker092
United States
2009/08/26, 03:57 PM
Don't give up. I feel the same way. I 'm 212 lbs. and I don't do much anyways, but I'm trying to gain some control. . . :)Keep going and know that if you want to chat with anyone you can always talk to me:love:
ianakers
ianakers
United States
2010/01/12, 10:20 AM
I'd say the most important thing is to get into a routine. I learned in Psychology that if you plan out what you're going to do and how you're going to do it, you're much more likely to actually do it than if you just say "I'm going to go to the gym sometime today."
I also like going to the gym instead of doing it at my house (though of course that is not necessary) because at the gym I have fewer things to distract me, so its easier to go ahead with it.
It is also important how you view the exercises. If you think "I'm going to walk/run X distance today" you're less likely to do it because it sounds like work. Think of it in terms of the benefit from it as much as you can. Instead of thinking about the work, thinking about what you're getting from it. "I'm going to do the elliptical machine and I'll lose 400 calories!" I like things like the elliptical because it keeps track of your calories, so its fun watching the calories burned go up.

In the end its good habits that make the difference. Try to get in a habit of consistently exercising (its more important to do it consistently than to do it intensely. A lot of people start out too hard and burn out) and consistently good eating. From my experience, once you get into the habit of eating healthy, you don't notice/care about other foods nearly as much. Our bodies have an amazing ability to adapt to things, and once you adapt to healthier (albeit less tasty) food, you get used to it and you don't really feel like you're sacrificing anything any more (especially if you focus on the benefit of not eating it. "Thats 300 calories saved by not eating it!")

I hope some of this was helpful. Good luck!