Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

I just want to say Hi, and would like to

doc4u18
doc4u18
Canada
2004/12/20, 05:04 PM
ask you a question. I am a new to this site and I been reading some threads/topics and I see great ppl with great responses.
In University, with all that drinking and fast foods I went from 170 to 230lbs in about two years at 5'8.
The good news is that I cut all those bad/evil habbits down immensely. Well after exercising I brought my weight down to 180lbs but now I am back upto 194lbs. I finally started to eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals and hoping to see great results from clean eating diet.

My question is, "I am trying to lose weight but I have gained about 5lbs last month, I been going to the gym 5x times a week and been eating 6 meals day(farely clean meals).
I know it is muscle mass i have gained, but i am trying to lose weight. I know it is all about body fat% but I am only 5'8 and weighing 194lbs. My waist size is 32-34 depending on the brand. But my goal is to reach 175lbs.
With my height and my body size, i just look so damn short and therefore I want to shed lbs like crazy.Help

My workout routine(being working out for a year and I started to eat 6 small meals for the past 4 weeks)

Mon- cardio 30 minutes in the morning
weight training for about 45-1hour
Tues- Weight training 45-1hour and cardio after for
about 20 minutes.
Wed - HIIT in the morning and weight training in the
evening
Thurs- REST maybe light cardio for 30 minutes depending
how much energy I have.
Fri - cardio in the morning and weight training at night
Sat - Weight training and cardio after
Sun- Rest

Food ( it is not 100% consistant especially during this time but it looks like this on most days)

Breakfast - oatmeal, one toast, and apple
Snak - non-fat yogurt, and fruit
Lunch - rice, and side dishes(mostly veggies)
Snack - protein shake with skim milk
Snack - protein shake with skim milk
Dinner - rice and lean meat and veggies
Snack - Veggies

*On my weight training, I do heavy weights with low reps.

is there anything wrong with my routine or diet?
If i keep this up, will I be adding more muscle mass/lbs?
what can I do to shed pounds and keep my mucle mass?
I want to look lean not bulky:(

YOur response(s) will be much appreciated. Thank You and here is a pic of me before and after.

Before, DEC/02 at 220lbs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/jadoregirl/before.jpg

After, DEC/04 at 194lbs
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p3dfde452229d9a3e48baaf38fd510a85/f5db700a.jpg
2004/12/20, 05:36 PM
doc, your weight is just a number. But in order to lose weight you gotta cut calories. For the next 2 weeks drop 250 calories per day from your diet. After 2 more weeks drop 250 more per day. Keep doing that until you get where you wanna be. it's about that simple. Keep your macros per the nutrition plan, workout and get your rest.

--------------
Sometimes I lie awake at night and wonder where have I gone wrong? Then I hear a voice say this is gonna take longer than one night.

Charlie
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/12/20, 05:40 PM
Replace the rice with green veggies, and do more reps with lighter weights. Also try and eat more real food.

--------------
If you can dream it, if you can imagine it, then you can be it, you can do it. If it is meaningful enough, and you commit the energy of your passion, you will.

Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/20, 10:54 PM
eat more protein.....at breakfast, during dieting you can take up to 1.5 g protein to hellp keep the muscle......................

carivan......why would he lower the weights and do more reps for?

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

doc4u18
doc4u18
Canada
2004/12/20, 11:34 PM
well i started to add a scoop of whey protein powder to my oatmeal.
yeah, i thought lower weights and higher reps don't really work....anyways thanks for your replies