Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

I am Sheila

chococream
chococream
Philippines
2014/03/14, 09:58 PM
Hi Guys,

I am new here and I am excited in starting gym and following my program. Lets share and be friends and help each other get that healthy and fit lifestyle we've always wanted not just for that summer body but for staying in shape.

Have a great day.
Olly99
Olly99
United Kingdom
2014/03/15, 06:34 AM
Hi Sheila, nice to meet you, I'm new to this too,have been lifting weights for a year now and decided this would be a good place to get support and tips on workout routines and nutrition.If i can help anyone along the way then great!!,      Good luck on your journey!!!!!!,  Get in touch anytime you want to chat!!!!, Olly99.
chococream
chococream
Philippines
2014/03/16, 04:49 AM (Edited: chococream - 2014/03/16, 04:50 AM)
Hi Olly99,

Thank you for reaching out. and nice meeting you. To be honest I am pretty much clueless how to proceed since I grew up obese and just lost the weight gradually over the years. Now my aim is to tone down and build muscles and just be solid ;)... I would surely ask you when I get stuck or in a rut ... lol  how far along are you in your journey... do you do cheat day too?
Olly99
Olly99
United Kingdom
2014/03/16, 09:32 AM
Hi Sheila,   Thanks for replying, well done on losing the weight that you grew up with, Judging by your photo you look good!, During my teens i was always underweight, I stopped smoking around 4 years ago and put on weight, So just over a year ago decided to start weightlifting, I workout 3-4 times a week for 45 minutes and i really go for it. I drink protein shakes, Take creatine, Lipoic Acid and bcaa's. I'm afraid i'm not much of an expert in toning up for women but you can't go wrong in getting yourself a set of light dumbells (not too heavy!) i'd say each one should weigh 2-3kg, leg squats,bicep curls and abdominal curls are a good place to start. It's different for me as i'm trying to grow muscle mass so i need 190g of protein and 3000 calories per day.You've come a long way so you obviously have the inner strength it takes!, like i say i'm here if you need me!, Olly99.