Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Hydroxycut vs Betalean

Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/02/20, 02:31 PM
I just got some mail from EAS hawking their Betalean HP which compared it to xenadrine and hydroxycut, and it was 1/2 the price. Of course, they claimed it was better, but I just wondered what the truth was.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/02/20, 04:37 PM
Have you taken any of these yet? I think that it may be a matter of preference when it comes to these products rather than price...although I could be wrong. For me, since Hydroxycut works, I wouldn't want to try something that may not work even if it's cheaper.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/02/20, 05:53 PM
No, I haven't. Right now my only supplement is protein powder. I was thinking about starting something new for my next 12 weeks, to keep up the same fat loss level as I have less to lose.
Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/02/20, 05:56 PM
Hmm let me try this post again. FT just doesnt seem to want me to post today! I haven't tried either of these products, but was looking for one to maybe start with on my next 12 weeks.
Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/02/20, 09:01 PM
Here's what I found. Hope I can post this one! :)

MuscleTech
Hydroxycut (new formula/new size)
70 capsules
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 23

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Chromium 300 mcg 250%

Hydroxycut Proprietary Blend 2.9 g

Hydroxagen (Garcinia cambogia) (fruit & rind) Standardized for 1000 mg hydroxycitric acid

HydroxyTea

Guarana Extract (seed) Standardized for 200 mg caffeine

Green Tea Leaf Extract Standardized for 95% polyphenols

Ma-Huang Extract (stem & leaf) Standardized for 20 mg ephedra alkaloids

Willow Bark Extract (purple & white) Standardized for 15 mg salicin

L-Carnitine Tartrate
-------------------------------

EAS
BetaLean HP
120 capsules
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 40

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

L-Tyrosine 500 mg

Green Tea Leaf Extract 300 mg

Ma Huang Extract 300 mg

Caffeine (from Caffeine Anhydrous) 150 mg

Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 mg

Naringin 100 mg

Coleus Forskohi 50 mg
------------------

So, if anyone cares to decipher that ;)...
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/02/20, 10:18 PM
alorle, you say you are only using protein right now and you are looking for another supplement to aid weight loss,
are you set on a fat burner? I think there are other supplements with will help (with out the high cost), not to mention the stimulants in these products. They can drive you right up a tree, nervous, gitters etc. The EAS looks like green tea, caffine and an amino acid. I'll do some research on the Naringin & Coleus stuff and back at ya!
Have you tried just chromium? I like it (cost low) when on a low calorie diet. Thats one I used faithfully when getting lean for competition.

--------------
Leslie
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/02/20, 10:38 PM
I never take a supplement without researching the ingredients from an outside source.

Naringin is a flavonoid compound found in grapefruit, naringin gives grapefruit its characteristic bitter flavor. Naringin is believed to enhance our perception of taste by stimulating the taste buds.

there is more at http://www.wholehealthmd.com (use the search)

Coleus was very interesting, not to be taken lightly.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/02/20, 11:15 PM
I take hydroxycut, never tried Beatlean, but you should do your research first before trying any supplement. I like hydroxycut because I have done the research and I think it works great.
Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/02/21, 08:59 PM
No, I'm not set on taking a fat burner, I'm just doing that EAS BFL challenge, so I have to take an EAS supplement, and thought that might be a place to try, since I could get it cheaper. I noticed a lot of different supps have chromium in them, what does that do to help weight loss, or specifically, fat loss?
MuscleRage
MuscleRage
United States
2002/02/23, 03:26 PM
well I have used hyroxycut before and it works pretty well. But I did some research on xenadrine and statistics say that it is proven to be better. Hroxycut is good, but it requires that you take a higher dosage in order to feel results.
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/02/24, 09:28 AM
The jury is still out on chromium. BP doesn't like it a whole bunch but i have used it with success. Or maybe its just my diet and training doing all the good, who knows....

Chromium helps insulin do its job of maintaining stable blood sugar levels. Chromium supplementation may reduce the total amount of insulin that needs to be released by the pancreas. High insulin levels increase the likelihood that excess glucose from carbohydrate sources will be stored as triglycerides in fat cells rather than as glycogen in muscle cells.

On the BFL you can only use EAS right? They have good protein and MR drinks too. If you try the betalean let us know. Good luck. I think you should win this challenge. YOU CAN!

--------------
....Bloom where you are planted....
Leslie
Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/02/25, 09:47 PM
You are required to use 1 EAS product, but the rest is up to you. So, if my protein powder is EAS, anything else I use can be whatever. My true goal is to end up one of the 2,002 finalists for this year. I should get 4 challenges in, and then I'll be able to go on to bigger and better things; like winning the Ms. Bikes, Blues and BBQ contest this fall ;).

--------------
"Do not try. Do. Or do not. There is no try" --Yoda