Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

How to get a golfers body

dr-taber
dr-taber
United States
2009/01/02, 10:05 PM
I have completed my first week with weights and special ab program....I am 48 male and sore! Working different body parts each day has been a life saver for me as I needed that guidance for this new adventure, it has truly made it fun and exciting. I have read for hours on this site and have had all my questions answered except one.....The question is: What should I do when the 23 year old girl next to me in the gym is lifting 30 more pounds than me doing the same exercise?! :-) I am amazed by the strength of people in the gym, it is impressive. My goal is to lose tummy fat and tone up, I have no desire to build mass, I would like a body similar to Padrig Harrington on the PGA tour, or any of the other PGA pro's with toned body's, and no I am not looking for the John Daly look, Tiger woods is too bulky for me. I need to lose 40 lbs and most of it is around the belly I'm afraid....Thank you for the site and postings to all.

Any ideas on how to create a toned PGA body type?

--------------
\\"If you don\\'t know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.\\"
Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2009/01/03, 01:01 AM
oh come on you sure you dont want the john daly look lol
eat right train smart and get exercise mabye leave the cart behind on the course and walk. good luck.
dr-taber
dr-taber
United States
2009/01/05, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback about the cart...Most 18 hole courses are a good 4-5 mile walk...The problem here is that my golf partners often choose to ride a cart which makes it a bit awkward..I always walk when I can,,,cheaper too!

--------------
\\"If you don\\'t know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.\\"
makichan
makichan
United States
2009/02/27, 03:26 PM
I know what your talking about. I have put on about 20 lbs of lean muscle since I started working out seriously and my entire golf game was thrown off. I couldnt swing around my new pecs lol. Im not sayin it made my game worse really, but I had to reset my entire swing which set me back at least a month.... As serious as I am about golf it nearly made me rethink this work out thing, but then again how could I possibly say no...
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2009/03/08, 11:04 PM
dr-taber, you'll want to incorporate some strength training into your exercise regimine!!

You'll want to build some muscle to increase your metabolic rate!! the more muscle you have the faster your metabolic rate will be. I'd have to say, target the muscles that will improve your golf game!!
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2009/03/08, 11:08 PM
dr-taber, so are you using a personal? If so, was he the person that directed you to really work the abs region for golf??

I am very interested in your story. I have a case study for my exam that has me training a 55 yr-old golfer and I have to design a exercise program for him. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!