Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

how do i make sure i'm not out of contro

tealismyname
tealismyname
United States
2004/07/29, 12:46 PM
I am a recovered Anorexia sufferer, physically at least. I want to start eating healthy and excersizing normally, except that the last time i tried this i went out of control and started restricting myself. What should i do to ensure i remain normal and healthy
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/07/29, 02:23 PM
Set specific goals. Things like your target caloric intake, target fat intake, target excersize routines, etc. Set realistic goals - even post them here first to have us evaulate them.
Good Luck!
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/07/29, 02:30 PM
I would agree with setting goals for the exercise routines, but maybe be cautious with the diet goals. It has taken me ages to stop calorie counting everything I eat and if you're not calorie counting at the moment I wouldn't start - it's too easy to get obsessed.

Definitely think of a fitness goal - something positive like trying to increase the amount you can lift or how far you can run.
Fsdsk is right about setting a specific realistic goal - if you've already set your goal sensibly it should be harder to get out of control.
good luck :)
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/07/29, 03:00 PM
Just to clarify, the diet goals do not necessarily mean to meet them as a minimum, but if the tendancy is to constantly reduce, you may want to keep the goal of constantly achieving the necessary calories to achieve your fitness goals. Make sense?

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/07/30, 03:16 AM
Yes, I suppose if you are cal counting anyway having a minimum would be a good idea :)
bobosensei
bobosensei
United States
2004/08/31, 04:41 PM
maybe you could try just focusing on the healthy side of things. for me the nutrional tracker is great- not because it counts calories and fat, but because it counts everything else. i type in what i eat- trying to not go over fat and calories (but not obsessing)- and i FOCUS ON NUTRIENTS. i make sure i get all my protein and vitamins that i need, which is easy with the trackers program. if i am getting my nutrients and not too much unhealthy processed stuff then i know i am on the right track.

good luck