Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi there

cherian
cherian
United States
2002/06/14, 12:41 AM
Although i signed in a couple of days ago, itz only today that i decided to post something !
Well...i've always been the sedentary type. A month ago, i decided to start going to the gym. I was pretty big, but going to the gym has certainly helped me in reducing my weight and waistline.
But then i started getting too obsessed with it that i was going daily to the gym. As a result, i think i suffered from overtraining problems. Feel very tired most of the time. I cut down now and needed professional advice. Thatz when i discovered your site.
I think itz so awesome and can't wait to get started with the schedule. Sadly...have to wait till Monday...lol
I was wondering....do you think for a person like me whoz trying to lose weight, a 1/2 hr run on the treadmill would be good ? I do this everytime i go to the gym...or is it too demanding ? Should i cut down on the time i spend on the treadmill and just concentrate what i've been asked to do on this schedule ?
Well...this is really exciting and i'm really hoping that i'll be in good shape pretty soon.
Cheers !
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/06/14, 12:54 AM
Fill out your profile.. writing this in kind of in a rush but whats your diet look like for cutting down.. cardio in the morning before breakfast helps but don't forget to change your diet too.. ft's nutrition section or a lot of the members around here would probably be happy 2 help you or critique your current diet (post in the diet forum)... good luck
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/14, 10:12 AM
Welcome to ft!

If you're trying to lose weight, the key is keeping your heart rate up in a sustained manner (about 80% of your max heart rate for 15-30 minutes to start, then 30-60 minutes thereafter). Make sure your cardio is done after weight training, during another time of day or on non-weight training days.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
cherian
cherian
United States
2002/06/15, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll work on fixing my diet too.