Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi my name is Matt

mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/08/13, 05:04 PM (Edited: mattaz - 2016/08/13, 05:15 PM)
My name is Matt, I have been a member since 2011 and i am finally back on the wagon. It's only been a week but i feel like i can go all the way this time. I am 42 and overweight. I weighed about 280 but acourding to the scales i am now around 238 lbs give or take a lb or 2.  I have been riding my bike 5 miles from late 2015.

In 2016 i am now up to 10 miles 7 days a week and freetrainers resistance training 5 days a week.  I only did a week though because i am getting over the stomach flu and it left me very weak. I lost all of my motivation not just because of the flu but the slow results i am seeing.

I want to see better results like getting rid of the man boobs and beer belly but i know weight won't go overnight and mustle won't gain either.

I don't have money to eat healthy. My girlfriend is also overweight and she buys all the food. She does try to help me eat healthier by cooking healthy meals every so often and buying me protein bars and shakes but i cant ask her to buy food for just me because she shops for the household.

I stay away from the junk foods she buys and i mostly drink water and try to eat smaller portions and less carbs and more protein but i had a week where i sliped and i have an ulcer which forces me to eat often and in a hurry or i get dizzy. But when i am forced to eat in an emergency and there is nothing i run for the poisonous white bread/bagel with butter and jelly or peanut butter to stop the pain and on top of it i smoke weed and black and miles which are deadly to an ulcer.

It's hard to stop smoking for me but i refuse to stop working out because i am sick of being overweight. I am not that optomistic because of the slow results that i was talking of earlier but here goes nothing! Will i see the results iamlooking for? Well that,s the big question Jimmy. Stay tuned to find out.

I should have posted some before pics so i can see the changes people tell me. I still have no energy though it sucks but i like the muscle soreness it makes me feel they are growing but i know it's just DOMS. I also have been doing pushups 3 days a week. I am proud of myself but still discouraged. I see the wonderful musciles i put on but mostly when i flex. I can't stop looking in the mirror lol.
studogg2
studogg2
United States
2016/08/22, 10:24 AM
mattaz
My name is Matt, I have been a member since 2011 and i am finally back on the wagon. It's only been a week but i feel like i can go all the way this time. I am 42 and overweight. I weighed about 280 but acourding to the scales i am now around 238 lbs give or take a lb or 2.  I have been riding my bike 5 miles from late 2015.

In 2016 i am now up to 10 miles 7 days a week and freetrainers resistance training 5 days a week.  I only did a week though because i am getting over the stomach flu and it left me very weak. I lost all of my motivation not just because of the flu but the slow results i am seeing.

I want to see better results like getting rid of the man boobs and beer belly but i know weight won't go overnight and mustle won't gain either.

I don't have money to eat healthy. My girlfriend is also overweight and she buys all the food. She does try to help me eat healthier by cooking healthy meals every so often and buying me protein bars and shakes but i cant ask her to buy food for just me because she shops for the household.

I stay away from the junk foods she buys and i mostly drink water and try to eat smaller portions and less carbs and more protein but i had a week where i sliped and i have an ulcer which forces me to eat often and in a hurry or i get dizzy. But when i am forced to eat in an emergency and there is nothing i run for the poisonous white bread/bagel with butter and jelly or peanut butter to stop the pain and on top of it i smoke weed and black and miles which are deadly to an ulcer.

It's hard to stop smoking for me but i refuse to stop working out because i am sick of being overweight. I am not that optomistic because of the slow results that i was talking of earlier but here goes nothing! Will i see the results iamlooking for? Well that,s the big question Jimmy. Stay tuned to find out.

I should have posted some before pics so i can see the changes people tell me. I still have no energy though it sucks but i like the muscle soreness it makes me feel they are growing but i know it's just DOMS. I also have been doing pushups 3 days a week. I am proud of myself but still discouraged. I see the wonderful musciles i put on but mostly when i flex. I can't stop looking in the mirror lol.

--- keep with it bro you can do it
mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/08/22, 11:58 AM
studogg2
mattaz

--- keep with it bro you can do it

---thanks man i am trying
aweekes34
aweekes34
Australia
2016/08/26, 12:54 PM
You deserve props if your trying so hard.I feel it is unfair of ur girlfriend to keep you setback so she can remain stuck in unhealthy living.The bad food also has an effect on ur end result.You are beyond the point most dont achieve, excersise is consistant.You owe it to your self to find a way to get some good food aswel.It will make you feel way better.Good luck i hope u get there
aweekes34
aweekes34
Australia
2016/08/26, 12:54 PM (Edited: aweekes34 - 2016/08/26, 12:58 PM)
BTW.I think you should consider looking at your relationship too.She hopefully takes care of you.much love be strong
OzzyCoco1993
OzzyCoco1993
United Kingdom
2016/09/13, 04:03 PM
Well done Matt! Its such a hard journey but it sounds like you are doing your best given all the other things you have to deal with!

Keep it up xx
Fit_n_strong
Fit_n_strong
United States
2016/09/13, 11:14 PM
Hi Matt! Whatever you do just don't give up. Look at how far you have come. If you had not taken that first step think of where you would be at this moment. Any journey in life will have its own obstacles, but you have learned to roll with the punches. I have had my ups and downs too. But what I have learned throughtout my fitness journey is this, "slow progress is better than no progress".  Just keep at it. Take each day at a time. Small steps will eventually get you to where you want to be.
SahiaBoo
SahiaBoo
United States
2016/09/25, 12:11 AM
Hi Matt,

You can do it, keep focused on your goals.
mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/10/02, 11:18 AM
sorry for my late response folks i am new this furum discutiion stuff so i didnt know people were respomding to my stuff. Thank you all so much for the kind words, i plan to read them all now that i know you all are posting stuff on my topic. I am loosing motivation because of my horible diet but i see a little muscle gain so i guess that willl hopefully keep me going. Thanks again i truely truely appreciate it. :)
mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/10/02, 11:26 AM
aweekes34
You deserve props if your trying so hard.I feel it is unfair of ur girlfriend to keep you setback so she can remain stuck in unhealthy living.The bad food also has an effect on ur end result.You are beyond the point most dont achieve, excersise is consistant.You owe it to your self to find a way to get some good food aswel.It will make you feel way better.Good luck i hope u get there

---thank you aweekes34 she is a good woman but i guess thats how she grew up idk with the unhealthy country food. I am from jamaica the country side too and i know about unhealthy food but i am getting older and am tired of being overweigt so i guess the strength has to come from within. Maybe if she see me trying she will try too. I talked to her about it today and she said i am preaching to her but i wasnt i just menshioned that would you like to be around to see your grand kids go to coledge? If i didnt care i wouldnt say anyyhing.
mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/10/02, 11:33 AM
aweekes34
BTW.I think you should consider looking at your relationship too.She hopefully takes care of you.much love be strong

---thank you...yea she is good to me, she just loves junk food but i am proud of myself i dont touck any of the cakes pies or chips or soda or juice she buys. I have been sticking to the water from i started my regiment so yea go me! lol. i gets hard sometimes seeing it all but the biggest thing is my ulcer, i have to eat and when i get  abdominal pains i reach for the carbohydrated because it stops the pain in my stomache. and i feel deppressed over this after.
mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/10/02, 11:36 AM
OzzyCoco1993
Well done Matt! Its such a hard journey but it sounds like you are doing your best given all the other things you have to deal with!

Keep it up xx

---aw man thanks for the encouragement, you dont know how much i need this right now, sometimes i dont want to workout but i dig down deep and try to find the strength
mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/10/02, 11:43 AM
Fit_n_strong
Hi Matt! Whatever you do just don't give up. Look at how far you have come. If you had not taken that first step think of where you would be at this moment. Any journey in life will have its own obstacles, but you have learned to roll with the punches. I have had my ups and downs too. But what I have learned throughtout my fitness journey is this, "slow progress is better than no progress".  Just keep at it. Take each day at a time. Small steps will eventually get you to where you want to be.

---thank you thank you thank you, so kind to hear this it really helps me want to keep gpoing. I lost 50 lbs so far but the man boobs and big belly discourages me. but my girl said you are getting too skinny you are you smoking crack? hahaha that actually made me feel good about the skinny part because when i look in the mirror all i see is the man boobs and big gut. I dont need a six pack i just want a bigger muscular chest and maybe a little pauch in the gut no overlaping. thanks again Fit_n_strong

i even stoped smoking weed because it was robing me of my motivation. Its been 8 days so here goes nothing
mattaz
mattaz
United States
2016/10/02, 11:45 AM
SahiaBoo
Hi Matt,

You can do it, keep focused on your goals.

---thank you my friend i will try