Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi, Im new here..

VenusW
VenusW
Virgin Islands, U.S.
2012/10/24, 11:52 AM (Edited: VenusW - 2012/10/24, 11:54 AM)
Hey, Im Venus. I just joined to day and Im glad that Im here. Im seeking a fitness plan for a few reasons: Im recovering from a very difficult pregnacy which resulted in first gestational hypertension and eventually sever preeclampsia which almost claimed the life of myself and my son (7 m/o). I had to have a c section and though I lost all the pregnacy weight in 2 weeks, Im another 20 lbs below my pre pregnancy weight. I realized that not being able to exercise much during the pregnancy has affected me a great deal... I now have the body of a lanky 13 y/o. Another reason is I've now been diagnosed with hypertension and been given all types of meds that has some pretty negative side effects. my hbp is mostly caused by a new issue- anxiety and postpartum depression and not my diet, and I know that a good diet and exercise can combat both hbp and depression. My bp has improved without meds but it still can be much better. I also need to get back into shape to take my PT test (Im a reservist) at some point and I want to get ready for that too. I don't even want my old body back, I just want a better one!