Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi Everyone!

armydad77632
armydad77632
United States
2015/01/07, 03:58 PM
I am excited to find this site! Looking to get back into shape after letting myself go for a while. I spent 20 years in the military, so I know a little about exercise, I just don't like it much!! But I have type 2 diabetes, GERD, and am generally way out of shape. Like most middle aged men, I have a "beer-belly", even though I don't drink or smoke.

I have joined a gym and have started walking on a treadmill. I hope to eventually graduate to jogging, if my knee and anke will let me. I have already stopped drinking soda, and have noticed I am feeling better.

Now I would like to integrate strength training into my workouts, mostly to tone and help with weight loss. I am under no illusions that I will have "washboard abs" at 48! LOL.

Well, thanks for reading my rambling and I hope to make some new workout buddies on here!