Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi.

Rumour
Rumour
Canada
2012/06/30, 10:41 PM
Hi. I'm Lianne...  I'm a working wife and mom of 2 kids -- one's 13 and super active and the other's 10 and super social.  Between the kids activities and my job and keeping a home, I'm struggling to keep myself healthy and at a weight I'm comfortable with and healthy at.  I know I'm typical of working mom's out there but I'd love to hear some advice.  I'm not at all knowledgeable about exercise and so I don't even know where to begin with the most effective workouts for my main goals which are losing weight and gaining energy.  Any advice?
snelson7
snelson7
United States
2012/07/02, 02:17 PM
Hi Lianne,

I too am a working mother and find it hard to find time, espeically with my 3.5 hour daily commute.  I had to start getting creative on finding time to exercise.  I have set up my outlook calendar to remind me every hour during the business day to take a short 5 min mini- exercise break in which I do situps, planks, wall stands, jumping jacks, etc.  I also have been forcing myself to get out of the office during my lunch and do a quick 20 min walk.  

Hope this helps,
scv