Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Help with contest prep

alana2uta
alana2uta
United States
2005/05/27, 01:31 AM
Hi Everyone!

*i tried to post earlier but im computer dumb and i dont know what happened, so sorry if its here twice*

Im 20 yrs old and want to compete in my first figure competition within the next year. I just started training about a month ago and im not starting with a complete trainwreck of a body, but i have my work cut out for me. I have no idea how many calories or carbs or what i should be eating, i think im doing ok so far, but i know im not eating enough calories. I dont understand the ratio of carbs or whatnot either..Im SO confused. I know i should be doing a high protein low carb diet, which i am, but i dont know when to eat the carbs. I work out twice a day 6 times a week and once on the 7th day.. i also do 25-30 minutes of cardio with each session. I'm training a different major muscle group each morning and at night i do the same, but really light..i'm really disciplined with diet and training, so any advice would be put to use and greatly appreciated! *I'm 5'5 143lbs, muscular build but need to get really lean* Thanks again!
mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/05/27, 12:45 PM
First off, on this very site is everything you need to know. Go to fittness plan, fill out the info needed, then the pros will tell you how and when you need to work out. Go to nutrition plan and do the same. Hope I helped.

--------------
If you can't hang with the big dogs, go your little ass home.
sbroyhill
sbroyhill
United States
2005/05/27, 01:09 PM
You need to modify your training... you are definitely over training. Plus instead of doing a lot of light days I would suggest changing over to working each body part once a week and lifting heavy. The cardio will help keep the body fat down, just don't overkill it.

You need to get in about 2+ days of rest time a week to let your muscles "heal". This is the process that helps define and let your muscles rebuild themselves. If you work them every day they are in a constant tearing and have a hard time rebuilding themselves.

I would recommend filling out an excercise profile and following a FT excercise plan. It will help you modify your workout to a better system that will help you accomplish your goals.

The system you use is great for beginners, they actually start out with that in the military for basic training (working out 2 times a day 6 days a week), but it is mostly used to whip people in shape in a short period of time. But to advance farther in your training it will accomplish nothing, if not move you backwards in your goals....

--------------
:Hard work equals great results!:
mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/05/27, 03:50 PM
The FT system is great for everybody. It has helped me. It gave me w eekly workout plan that fits my schedule, and is working out great.

--------------
If you can't hang with the big dogs, go your little ass home.