Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Help Please

lilbear4sfc
lilbear4sfc
United States
2004/04/22, 12:11 PM
My husban who wants to lose weight and get the 6 pack abs, does NOT want to bulk up. He would like to have some muscle definition I think. He asked me what I wanted and and I said some definition would be good. But if he doesn't want to bulk it up fine. He thinks doing free weights will do that to him and not anything else. Please let us know if this is true or not...I told him NO, not if he doesn't lift like crazy and press it too hard. He does mainly machines and stuff. He has just recently had knee surgery so can't do too much on lower body. Any help on this would be great thanks!!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/04/22, 05:52 PM
"bulking up" will only happen if you want it to, and also has to be in ones genetics. There is nothing wrong with doing free-weights and eating properly. We won't bust out in muscle unless we are geneticly prone. I have been doing free-weights, machines, etc for around 3 years and I still don't look like Mr. Universe. Defined? yes. But not overly muscular.
Weight loss and toning program from Ft works great. Tell him to give it a try and enter the knee problem so it will take that into the program.
Good Luck.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
lilbear4sfc
lilbear4sfc
United States
2004/04/23, 11:11 AM
Thanks Carivan! I will get him to do it and give it a shot!!