Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

help my bench!!!

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/11/30, 08:25 PM
I dunno what is wrong with my upper body...it just sucks.

Most I have ever benched is 335....not touched that in a LONG while. I'm 280...I should be doing (I think) waaay more than that. I have thick chest and back..short arms..this should be a easy lift!?

I've come to the conclusion my tricep strength isn't the issue...I have close grip benched with chains 310..floore pressed 360...

So I dunno i'm stuck.....seems like i'm going no where with my bench...I was hoping got be over 350 by x mas..not seeing it....

I was thinking to try and start some RE work? Most I have ever repped was 225 14 times...but today I struggled for 7.

I know one issue is I don't have a partner

so any ideas?

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/11/30, 08:49 PM
hahaha. I am sorry dude, but when I first saw the title I was about to flame someone.

I haven't seen a lot pressing in your log, just some ME work and some speed work. I haven't seen a lot accessory work or any really.

I would definitely give some RE work a try. It has worked well for your squat, so I don't see why it can't work for bench...not the same amount of volume obviously.

Being weak off the chest is pretty good indication of weak shoulders and pecs. I would definitely start doing overhead and incline work. DB and BB.

Stop doing single for ME work and switch to triples.

Does the bar feel heavy in your hands? If it does do some work for your rear shoulders...face-pulls, shrugs...ect. I would probable do this regardless.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/11/30, 11:00 PM
Well lalty I just been kinda blah with my bench training...cause I am lost for what to do...

that's all I do is press lol...close grip press, JM presses, boards..blah blah lol

Only feels heavy off my chest...

My OHP is still pretty good. I can usualy get a good tripple with 250+ push press. I can still do one arm db presses with 70's or so for 5 or 6. COncidering I don't do shoulder's that much...i'd say that still pretty good.
I guess from so many years of cheerleading...my shoulder's never been a issue really.

I looked into russian bench routine...it only 3 days a week tho..so doable if I choose to.

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/12/02, 04:11 PM
I can probably do 70s for 5 or 6 and my bench isn't even 300 yet, so I would say that that sucks. Push press doesn't mean shit because you can push right through your shoulder weakness right to point your tris mainly take over. I really think that you need shoulder work.

Whether or not you agree with me, you should try more shoulder work anyway because it is obvious whatever you are doing isn't working.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/12/02, 04:53 PM
yeah good point...found some ed conan stuff...i'm gonna try for a few...see how that does. He's heavy on shoulder movements

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/12/04, 07:28 AM
I asked somone on elitefts....he said to try shoulder more, instead of incline....and to work on my leg drive...

--------------

andrewlandolfi
andrewlandolfi
United States
2008/03/02, 01:00 PM
ur should try to incorporate some other body parts...put ur legs under ur knees and when going up with the weight try to use leg...u will lift more