Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

help i know i need to gain, but not fat

julia8689
julia8689
United States
2005/07/15, 11:25 PM
hi
im recovering from an eating disoreder.
im not eating enought right now, but i want to eat right.
i need help gaining, because i dont awnt to gain fat, but im dangeroulsly thin right now.
i know my metabolism is screwed, so i need fact (if you know them) on how much my body can hancle right now for maintaining, gaining, how i should exercise, etc.
i am 5'7 and 94 lbs or so. 15 years old, female.
feel free to email me as well at trechic27@yahoo.com- anything would be helpful.
thank you!
nikkilind
nikkilind
United States
2005/07/19, 12:54 PM
I'm going to make this simple so you can follow it, but I hope you don't think it's TOO simple that you don't think I'm serious!! This is my opinion, my personal plan:

- LOTS of fruits and veggies
- stay away from processed foods (white flour/sugar)
- tofu / low fat protein sources (if you're really gung-ho, non-animal if you want)
- limit or exclude dairy (usu high fat) - and go for soymilk, etc

It will depend on your metabolism and what you've done to it with starving yourself, but normally clean, unprocesed foods are a sure way to make sure you don't gain fat. They are low-cal and most bodies burns them extremely efficiently.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything more I can do!

- Nikki

--------------
The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. - Benjamin Disraeli