Group: motivating ladies

Created: 2012/04/06, Members: 397, Messages: 159

a group for ladies any age who want to motivate each other and give advice or just talk and keep track of one another

Join group

HELP!!!!

taylorladouceur
taylorladouceur
Canada
2012/05/02, 12:58 PM
Hello! Im new to the group and i need some serious help to meet my weight loss goal.  I have 4 months and i want lose 25 lbs. Ive already lost 5.. anyone got sone awesome tips or extra motivation they want to give me? haha plese help me out!
PTgirl26
PTgirl26
United States
2012/05/24, 06:38 PM
Hi Taylor. Still seeking a little advice/help?

Monitor what you eat, have a cleaner,healthier diet if your current diet before you wanted to lose weight wasn't as healthy. A little change could still make a bigger diffference.

Mix up your exercise.

Pick a few fun things that way you'll enjoy them more and be more active while your doing them buring off a few more extra calories.

Out of curiosity what have you been doing so far that's helped you with your weight loss thus far?
taylorladouceur
taylorladouceur
Canada
2012/06/06, 09:50 PM
I just started eating healthier. Ive lost 10 now but i am getting so frustrated with the slow process. I use to jog everyday but now I have an outdoor job where I am really active and once I get home I am too tired to exercise anymore. Im quickly losing motivation because the weight wont come off anymore
canEn
canEn
Canada
2012/06/14, 11:46 PM
Hi Taylor,

I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear, and I apologize for that. If  you want to lose weigh and keep it off you need to lose it the healthy way. 1-2 pounds a week should be your goal (on average, you'll probably find this varies with your menstrual cycle). This is what is doctor recomended. When you lose too much too fast your metabolism goes into starvation mode; when you resume your normal eating habits you'll gain the weight back and possibly more. I lost 30 lbs in 6 months so your goal is reasonable. My point is that although it seems like its coming off slowly, don't let that get you down, you're on the right track. Also, I found the first 10 were the easiest and I've heard from a lot of people that it is in part do to water weight. In general though, the smaller you are the fewer calories you need, so you are fighting an uphill battle (I know thats not motivational but please keep on reading, I just want you to be prepared).

Portion control is important, but so is gaining lean muscle. When you work out, do you do weight training as well as cardio? Both are important in weight loss. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body required (and you won't look like a bodybuilder, those women do steroids, women CAN'T naturally look like that - you'll become toned and sexy). If you lose weight without weight training you will lose both fat and muscle.

Make sure you drink at least eight cups of water a day (2 Liters), not counting what you drink while working out (that water's just getting sweat out of you!) I have separate waterbottles for home, work and the gym - I find this helps with the "I forgot my waterbottle" syndrome, but that may not be an issue for you. I don't know the science of it, but I do know that proper hydration is important in weight loss. Also, often thirst is mistaken for hunger

There is plenty of information out there, once you sort through whats true and what you wish was true. I've done a lot of reading on this so I can't quote any specific source but I can tell you that it is working for me. I know you can lose the weight because I lost my weight. Watch shows like the biggest loser if you find that helps. In my case, I met a girl who had lost over 100 lbs and that was motivation for me (or at least my excuses seemed invalid after that). Having a goal like a hot bikini will help motivate you too!

Good luck in your weight loss!